Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaurenM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any tips and recommendations for preparing for interviews? Do any current residents have advice for interviews? Do's and don'ts? Books to read on the matter? Especially for Specialty interviews... etc?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Any tips and recommendations for preparing for interviews? Do any current residents have advice for interviews? Do's and don'ts? Books to read on the matter? Especially for Specialty interviews... etc?
Thanks![/QUOTE
If you'd like to email me, I can send you a list of helpful hints that I just sent to one of my students who is going through a series of interviews. I would love to be of help. [email protected]

You read my mind! I hope there's some dentist here seeing this post. Please help us!
From what I gathered so far, here are my version of do's and don't's:
1. First impression is crucial
2. Be honest and confident
3. Learn about the expected job description
4. Focus on your qualities
5. Give examples of how you handle situations when asked
(It's not really helping is it? It's too general...)

You read my mind! I hope there's some dentist here seeing this post. Please help us!
From what I gathered so far, here are my version of do's and don't's:
1. First impression is crucial
2. Be honest and confident
3. Learn about the expected job description
4. Focus on your qualities
5. Give examples of how you handle situations when asked
(It's not really helping is it? It's too general...)
Hi. If you will send me an email, I compiled a great list from Google of questions and tips that are great for interviewing for dental school as well as residencies. I also taught residents at a hospital in NY, so I would be more than happy to send you some info and advice about interviews. Feel free to email me at [email protected].

Last edited: