Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAGuyana

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have anyone received any yet?
Is it too early for invites? When are the bulk of interviews sent out?

Members don't see this ad.

Have anyone received any yet?
Is it too early for invites? When are the bulk of interviews sent out?

Every single specialty forum has an interview invite thread. Find the one that matters to you and follow it.

The answers are yes, no and "between now and February".

Reactions: 1 user
Well, the opinions are going to be specialty specific, which is why I suggested what I did.

That's true, but all I've seen on the IM board is that there are people who have gotten interviews at certain programs - none that I applied for. I have no idea what percentage of us haven't gotten anything yet so I get OP's desperation.

That's true, but all I've seen on the IM board is that there are people who have gotten interviews at certain programs - none that I applied for. I have no idea what percentage of us haven't gotten anything yet so I get OP's desperation.
The vast majority of you haven't gotten anything (or next to nothing) yet.

And if nobody on the board has posted interviews at the places you applied, perhaps that's a sign that they haven't given out interviews yet.

Relax, it's going to be a long 5 months.

Reactions: 1 user
There are a few places that have sent out interviews (for Radiology).... I do wonder if that means they have already sent out their quota of interview requests already.

Monday, Monday Oct 1st

I'm pretty sure the refresh button on my email program will be worn out and broken by Sunday September 31st.

Perhaps time for a reality check:

Thirty days hath September
April, June, and November.
All the rest have thirty-one,
Except for February alone,
Which hath but twenty-eight days clear,
And twenty-nine in each leap year.

So, Monday is Oct 3rd.

And if you wake up and find yourself experiencing Sept 31st, you have more problems than not matching. You've created a white hole and have punched through to an alternate universe.

In all seriousness, for programs that are awaiting MSPE's, I wouldn't count on the fact that we will be reading them this weekend. I will, but we've already proven on SDN that I'm not normal.

Take a deep breath. Nothing you do now will affect the outcome of whether you get an interview or not.

Reactions: 2 users