Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SportsmedHopes

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd get a head start with a thread for anyone applying this year.

Nothing yet on my end. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I did get an interview offer from the Montana program

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any EM residents applying this year?

Don't forget fellowships right now are prepping their fellows for the upcoming football season, so everyone is quite busy at this time. Once the semester starts and football season officially begins, then invites will start happening. Interview invites initially come out towards the end of August/beginning of September, but I know some programs extend out invitations in October as well.

Best of luck!

I've also heard from Fairview (Euclid, OH) and Rainbow Babies

3 responses so far: 1 interview, 1 rejection, 1 we have your application

6 responses so far: 6 interview

Reactions: 1 users
I applied broadly to 30 programs. Received 17 invitations, 1 rejection, have 12 pending.

Good luck everyone!

wow! that's amazing. Do you mind sharing where you got interviews?

hi every one,
so far I got 8 IV, just wandering if there will be any more?
any body got any response from Thomas Jefferson ,PA ?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard from major programs in Cali and NY yet?

Maybe it would help everyone out if we all just posted which programs we have heard from, good or bad. Just in case people are waiting to hear from one of those programs.

I have received interviews from: Advocate Lutheran (chicago), Montana, Summa, MacNeal, Nationwide (peds), Fairview (Euclid), Case Western/Rainbow Babies, and Iowa

Still waiting to hear from ~20 programs.

Sparrow in Michigan is not sending out invites until the first week of October. Anyone hear from other programs on a similar schedule?

wow! that's amazing. Do you mind sharing where you got interviews?

Thank you. I'd rather not give specifics, but these are pretty much all east coast programs, mix of academic and community based programs.

hi every one,
so far I got 8 IV, just wandering if there will be any more?
any body got any response from Thomas Jefferson ,PA ?

I have also not heard from them yet and another 6 programs.

Is anyone else having a lot of difficulty getting weekday interviews scheduled? In theory my program is trying to help me with scheduling, but I'm still responsible for getting my shifts covered and there's not a lot of people with a particular Wednesday off that are willing to cover a 12 hour ED shift for instance.

For what it is worth, I know when I interviewed there were some programs that wanted us to shadow at a football games so Friday and Saturday interview schedule. However most were during the week.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
I have 15 (8 FM and 7 Peds) - still waiting to hear from ~ 10 programs

how many interviews should we be going on?

6 invites, 1 WL, 3 rejections, waiting to hear from ~20 programs

Good luck everyone!

Anyone still hearing from programs? I have some that I have not heard anything from yet

good luck everyone! Hope you all get good news

Guys,
Hope everyone got matched!
lets put our information here. May it will help other applicant for future .
Internal medicine, first year application, apply 30 program, 17 IV offer, did 14 IV and finally matched.

hey everyone, hope you all matched, thankfully I did match and I'm excited to start fellowship in a few months