Interviews!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mig2k

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an interview for UHSCOM today! Woohoo! Anyone else interviewing here? My interview is scheduled for Sept. 27.

Miglo

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Miglo! Congrats!! Can you tell me when your secondary was complete? I need all the hope I can get...

Sara

I SENT the 2ndary Aug 9 then had my school forward the letters ~Aug 11 I think. So with mailing delays and all I think it was completed Aug 15-16. The letter I received today was dated Aug 26. Did you send yours yet? UHSCOM looks like a great school, I pretty stoked about the early interview! Good luck!

Miglo

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I applied there also. Mine was complete on Aug 25. So I'll keep my fingers crossed!
smile.gif

Got my first interview invite today. AZCOM Sept. 20. It was a phone call, they said they'd send a letter in the next couple days.

Woohoo!!!!

Congrats Boomer! Are you as nervous as I am? How are you preparing? Besides interviewfeedback.com and Iverson's Getting Into MedSchool book...

13 days and counting...

I'm not really nervous about the interview. The flight to Phoenix, that's another story (I had a BAD experience on airlines a few years ago, and I swore off air travel since then--kinda resigned myself to the fact that I just have to get over it, cause I'll be damned if I'm driving 17 hours by myself).

I looked at interviewfeedback.com, but that's about it. As I drive around during the next week or so, I'm sure I'll think of outlines to answer some basic questions--but I'm not going to get too worked up.

Along the same lines, I was REALLY excited to hear from AZCOM so early, because outside of my schools in my home state (OK), I consider AZCOM to be my top choice, and an early acceptance there would certainly relieve alot of stress for the next year.

I'm going to stop now. Good luck.

miglo,
That's great to hear. I just recieved an October interview at Nova Southeastern University. I applied to UHSCOM, but I'm still waiting to hear from them along with many others. I hope to hear from all of them in the coming weeks. I'm very excited! By the way, has anyone recieved interviews from MSUCOM?

DocGibby

[This message has been edited by DocGibby (edited September 07, 1999).]

Hey DocGibby,

I just got my second invite of the season--Nova on October 22. When's your date? Maybe I'll see you there.

Hey miglo, congrats on Touro!!!!

[This message has been edited by Boomer (edited September 07, 1999).]

Thanks Boomer! I'm pretty excited and nervous
smile.gif

Mig

Hey Miglo!! I got an invite for UHSCOM on the 27th also! Guess I'll be seeing you there?!
smile.gif

Perhaps a stupid question but is UHSCOM the school in Fort Worth?

SD: Sweet! Hey what hotel are you staying at? We should meet up beforehand and check out the city. Email me : [email protected].

Mig

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got any invitation for AZCOM today for Oct 1! Woohoo!! It sucks all my interviews are in the span of 2 weeks...its going to get pretty nutty.

UHSCOM is in Kansas City, MO.

Mig

I just got any invitation for AZCOM today for Oct 1! Woohoo!! It sucks all my interviews are in the span of 2 weeks...its going to get pretty nutty.

UHSCOM is in Kansas City, MO.

Mig

Hi,

Do you guys mind it I ask what your numbers are like? I'm still waiting for interviews and I'm kind of worried.

Tej,

Me: 24 yrs
SciGPA 3.38, CumGPA 3.35 MCAT 29O
Lots of volunteer (ER & DO Clinic)
Research, work experience, EMT

5 Interviews so far (WUCOMP,TUCOM,AZCOM,CCOM,UHSCOM)

Mig

Hi Miglo: When did you receive your interview for CCOM and when was your file completed there? It seems like you are the first person I've heard about that has received an interview there this year! Cool! Good luck.

Ann

Thanks Miglo.

wanttobeadoctor: CCOM was completed 8/16 and I received an invitation 9/10. Problem now is that the 2 dates they offered me are conflicting with my AZCOM interview so I'll have to call them for a possible mid october interview. Good luck people.

Mig

I just received an invite to interview at LECOM on Oct. 5. I also got a rejection for KCOM today too.

Just got invited for UNECOM today for Oct. 16. Woohoo!

Mig

Hey Miglo! You're racking them up! Congrats!!

Sara

Heheh thanks Sara! Trust me, no one is more surprise than me!

Mig

I just got an interview to UHS/COM on the Sept. 29th.

Congrats Tej!

I just got an interview today for UOMHS in 10/22.

Hey SARA!! Like my new sig?
wink.gif

------------------
Ryan
Western U/Comp Class of 2004
thedigitaldoctor.com

Hey Mig,

Is there something you'd like to come out and say? At a time such as this, subtlty is not necessary. Congrats!! And, no, I don't like your new sig---COMP should be all capitalized
smile.gif

Tej,

Kick ass!

Thanks Boomer! Don't have much to say except woohoo!!

------------------
Ryan
Western U/COMP Class of2004
thedigitaldoctor.com

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YEAH!!! I am so happy for you!! I can't believe how fast their reaction time was! Hey, can I have all of your other interviews now?!?

Sara

BTW- what's a lambda?? LOL!

Hey Ryan!!

You're not bailing on your UHS interview, are you?!? You can't leave me in an unknown, gigantic city all by myself!! Please come! If nothing else, you can be there for moral support.
smile.gif

Sara

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

Sara,

I'll go there JUST to hang out with ya! We'll rock Kansas City! that and I already bought non-refundable tickets..!
smile.gif
But seriously I'll still be going to UHS, TUCOM and AZCOM. I wont be going to UNECOM, CCOM, and UOMHS though.

------------------
Ryan
Western U/COMP Class of 2004
thedigitaldoctor.com

Great, I'll take the CCOM and UOMHS interview then. You don't think they'll mind if we just switch a couple of names around do you? Oh, maybe I should use your stats, too, my MCAT is nasty. LOL.

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

Congratulations Miglo!!!

Good Luck everyone on your interviews.
smile.gif

Hey miglo! Thanks for the UOMHS interview. I received that notice yesterday.
smile.gif
How much do we owe them? WHat's in Des Moines, anyways?

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

Hahhaha...it took A LOT of sweet talking for me to convince them, but my natural charm came out! hahhaha...I don't know much about Iowa, nor do I want to really
smile.gif
. don't want to get skinned and tarred for my "yellowness" heheheheheh

Are you going to UOMHS?

------------------
Ryan
thedigitaldoctor.com

Just received my interview invite for TUCOM. So it's 1 out of 2 so far. My file at WU is still not complete yet because I need one additional science letter. That sucks because I am trying awefully hard to get a hold of this prof. from last semester.

Mig-

Yep, I'm going to Des Moines. Mainly because I now have absolutely no idea which school I want to go to. I'm leaning towards NOVA, but who knows. I'm just all confused.
frown.gif

Anybody else going to Des Moines/UOMHS/the new name: Des Moines University:COM??

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

Sara,
You can use my MCATs because at the rate I'm going I'll never need them. My last letter is DRAGGING. Pretty soon it'll be June again. Promise me all that when you start you practices and take on an aspiring pre-med, YOU WON'T SHAFT THEM!!!!
ha ha ha
Rob
XXXXX Class of 200X

rhillstr: That sucks man! The guy _STILL_ didn't send the letter? Is this the DO or prof?

------------------
Ryan
thedigitaldoctor.com

A DO! He's a doc so by nature he's up to his ears in stuff to do but at the same time he should be able to appreciate what I'm trying to do here.

HEY! With your MCAT scores, and Miglo's interviews, I just might be a doctor yet!! Thanks!
smile.gif

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

Well, well, well, Miglo! Welcome to the 2004 'family' of Western University! Glad to see you on board! (so, are you still interviewing elsewhere, or are you solid with COMP?)

------------------
-PB (Western Univ./COMP '04)

"Never give in, never give in,
never, never, never, never..."

-Sir Winston Churchill, 1944

Hey Mig,
Commit to WU/COMP and if I get in we can invite PB over to enjoy some quality time with our keg...
ha ha ha!
My hat is off to both of you on your acceptances!!!

PB: I'm pretty solid with WUCOMP but I'm still going to UHS, AZ and TU because I bought non-refundable plain tickets
smile.gif
. I do want to see UHS and TU though. I will go to PCOM if I get an invite.

rhillstr: Yeah I understand he's a doc and busy and all, but he's a DO! He should help his own kind at least! (not to rub it in or anything) When did he say he was getting it done?

------------------
Ryan
thedigitaldoctor.com

rhillstr,

I know exactly how you feel. I asked my DO, who's my doctor to write one at the end of June, and he didn't write it until the beginning of August. This best thing to do is to keep calling him or talk to his receptionist and tell them that this is very important and that it won't take that long and that you need it right away.
smile.gif

I wasn't expecting this, but I have another interview. This one's at NOVA in November.

rhillstr:

Help the doc out: give him a copy of your resume, your MCAT scores, your grades, your AACOMAS and 2ndary essays-----even write down what you want included in the letter! The more you give him/her, the easier it'll be for them to write (and the faster it'll get out the door!).

Good luck to you! p.s. give the doc a pre-addressed stamped envelope, too.

------------------
-PB (Western Univ./COMP '04)

"Never give in, never give in,
never, never, never, never..."

-Sir Winston Churchill, 1944