interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kyoung

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interviewing at MSU-COM and AZCOM in a week. I was wondering if anyone has some input on what to expect as to what questions may be asked????

Members don't see this ad.

www.interviewfeedback.com
A very helpful site for this type of question. For most of the schools I interviewed at, ALL of the questions I was asked were on the site. I did not apply to AZCOM, but I was accepted at MSUCOM. They schedule 2 interviews, which may be back to back, or you may have an hour in between. They last about an hour, and they were very converstional. They ask the typical DO school questions, like why osteopathic medicine, what have been your experiences with steopathic medicine, etc. Boht interviewers asked alot of questions about the secondary app, basically asking me to elaborate on things I wrote. Only one of them asked "interview" type questions. A few examples: "What was the most difficult decision you have ver made in your life, adn how does the way you handled that show me that you will be capable of making life and death decisions?" "Why should we accept you?" "What personal qualities do you feel will make you a good doctor?" The interview with her was an hour and a half, which, at the time, I wasn't sure was a good thing. They also are big on the "If you got in to both MD and DO schools, which would you choose? What if you got in to only MD schools? Would you reapply?" The office personnel are very nice, and so were everyone's interviewers the day i was there. They try to make it relaxing. Unfortunately, they do no have an info session on the curriculum, etc. At least this give you the opportunity to ask alot of questions at the interview. Read the feedback,som site though, it was veyr helpful. Good luck at your interviews!

Thank you for the reply! I checked out the website you mentioned, and it was very helpful. My #1 choice is Michigan, since I am familiar with the area and that they have a wonderful reputation for family practice. I hope to see you there next year! Thank you again!

Hey Congrats on your interview at both schools. I interviewed at MSUCOM last Monday and like other DO schools, make sure you know why you want to be a doctor. Also, at AZCOM, be prepared for the panel interview.

Good Luck