Nov 9, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys! I have recently been accepted into some decent Midwest schools such as University of Iowa, University of Minnesota, etc... should I consider going to Boston University for an interview? The plane ticket itself will cost a fortune, so is Boston University School of Medicine worth it?? (I'm from the Midwest...but would maybe want to checkout living on the Eastcoast)

OrangeandMaroon

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hey guys! I have recently been accepted into some decent Midwest schools such as University of Iowa, University of Minnesota, etc... should I consider going to Boston University for an interview? The plane ticket itself will cost a fortune, so is Boston University School of Medicine worth it?? (I'm from the Midwest...but would maybe want to checkout living on the Eastcoast)
Go if you would regret not going. If you think you might be happy there then check it out. Just remember, there aren't any 'do-overs'.

chiz2kul

t.roll.ed for Banning
10+ Year Member
May 22, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I turned down my Boston interview for pretty much your reasons - gotten into some other decent schools+flying to boston is expensive+Boston SOM is expensive+living in Boston itself is freaking expensive.

But if you have the $$, then why not.

NickNaylor

Thank You for Smoking
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
May 22, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Go if you would regret not going. If you think you might be happy there then check it out. Just remember, there aren't any 'do-overs'.
This. If there's no chance you'll go to BU, don't go on the interview. If there is, then a plane ticket is a small price to pay.

anfleisch

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
One thing to note is that I think the admissions data seems a little bit higher than it really is because they have many seats in the class set aside for graduate students and students who go through their own programs including BU undergrads. Just seemed that way to me last year.