int'l student needs advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shikki79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a student on F1 visa and do not have permanent residence (I can't apply for it either unless I marry a U.S citizen or something..and I am would only do that if I fall in love with a U.S citizen, I am not a green card hungry opportunist).
Any suggestions for improving my chances of getting accepted to medical school or dental school or optometry school?
I know most state schools won't even accept me due to Federal restrictions. Private schools don't have these restrictions but in addtion t being harder to get into,often have restrictions for financial aid ( which I will need). Any experiences that international student's in my position have had will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a good student with a 3.7 cumulative GPA which I plan on raising to at least a 3.8 by the time I apply to medical school or dental school or optometry school ( whichever one takes me..I would just like to serve people in the health profession).Any advice is appreciated especially with respect to test scores that will help me shine, or essay suggestions. I am desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say that your options are:

1. Be awarded a sizeable scholarship.

2. Optain a cosigner for the loan who is an
American citizen and who has signifcant
income/assets.

3. Fall in love and marry an American Citizen.

Option 3 is the easiest if you you make it a priority in your life.