Int'l Students in US MedSch....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Islet

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi people,
anyone get into howard yet--its pretty cheap considering that we aren't eligible for federal loans. anyway,I'd appreciate how you plan on paying for medsch--priivate loans,scholarships etc...

Members don't see this ad.

i'm not an international student, but i was talking to someone and they mentioned citibank as a source of good student loans

Not exactly what you asked but - Howard is notoriously slow in processing, interviewing and letting people know. So at this stage of the year it's probably too early for many people to have been admitted there. Maybe this year is different but that has been their pattern for the last 3 years I have been paying attention to med school admissions...

As to loans it depends on the school. Some of the richer schools actually issue the loans themselves so getting them is no problem whatsoever - although they often look for either an intention to stay in this country or some form of financial "guarantee". For smaller schools the problem with loans is that the banks will also want to know that you are not going to run off with their money to your home country so will be reticent to lend to you without financial guarantees. The bigger problem you face as an international student however is getting in at all. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
.....bump......

What does bump mean, I've been trying to figur this out for a week?

[/QUOTE]
The bigger problem you face as an international student however is getting in at all.

....so true....my biggest worry!

Originally posted by Md 2b In TN
What does bump mean, I've been trying to figur this out for a week?

relaunch a dead/ forgotten thread