1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Intramural Sports VS Pharm exp.

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by sle3pyguii, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Hi. I'm going to be starting my pre-pharm at UA this week. I'm going for a BS in Biochem.

For those of you in CA Pharm schools, which would be better for me?

Having some pharm experience, and 1-2 clubs....or roughly 3 clubs, a part-time job, and some intramural sports without any experience?

If i can, i plan on taking the PCAT.

Sorry if this is a bother.

edit* The reason why I'm asking about the job part is because my family isn't getting any financial aid because of the whole income thing. I don't want my parents to have to pay all of it, so that's why i wanted to work.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ZpackSux

ZpackSux Retired
    Removed

Pharmacy experience and 3 clubs and intramuarl sports.. do it all.

4. PolarBear21

PolarBear21 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    #1 - Prepharm experience
    #2 - 1 or 2 clubs with community service component
    #3 - Intramural sports
    #4 - More clubs/organizations if time permits

I don't know if thats the exact order everyone will agree with, but I'm pretty sure your emphasis in EC should be getting prepharm experience. Focus then maybe on 1 club and become highly invovled with it (get an officer position) and then if time permits do intramural or get a part time job, whatever is better for you. I'm pretty sure there's no set order.. each school/adcom will have their own opinions.

Remember though!! Don't over-EC yourself.. know your limits, time-wise.. nothing is more important than your GPA of course. I'm always suprised at how many people screw themselves over when they get over-involved and end up with 2.4's and such.

5. hmm...thanks for the advice. I guess i'll try to find an open spot at pharmacies