Intro Bio help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ezio

cheese steaks
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any good source that gets the information across to me in the best way? Obviously the textbook is the best but I get crunched for time with 17 credits this semester. I tried course notes but those are for 7th edition Campbell Bio. I use the 10th Ed. in class and thats a good 10 year difference between texts. I KNOW THAT BIOLOGY DOESNT CHANGE IN 10 YEARS but i like fresh info. Even 9th edition is good if out there.

tl;dr i need a good source of bio notes for Campbell biology text for intro bio 1

Members don't see this ad.

I (personally) dislike Campbell, I find it has too much information for intro bio and it is dry as a bone boring.
If you can, find another text (obviously for us students we can't just toss money into the wind, but if you can, it might help a lot!!) I think it would help if the information was presented in a more cheerful way. I really enjoyed Raven (9th ed.) and I currently have Life: The science of biology by Sadava, which I do not like as much as Raven.
Half price books has usually given me some love, I have found bio text books there for $15!

Reactions: 1 user
I (personally) dislike Campbell, I find it has too much information for intro bio and it is dry as a bone boring.
If you can, find another text (obviously for us students we can't just toss money into the wind, but if you can, it might help a lot!!) I think it would help if the information was presented in a more cheerful way. I really enjoyed Raven (9th ed.) and I currently have Life: The science of biology by Sadava, which I do not like as much as Raven.
Half price books has usually given me some love, I have found bio text books there for $15!
Speaking just from the Raven botany book, I feel like it takes them too long to get to the material you need to know. The beginning of every chapter gives a little story of not-so-important details. Once you get into the actual information it's pretty solid!

Members don't see this ad :)
Speaking just from the Raven botany book, I feel like it takes them too long to get to the material you need to know. The beginning of every chapter gives a little story of not-so-important details. Once you get into the actual information it's pretty solid!
Botany is EVIL no matter what textbook/website/professor it comes from :annoyed:
And I have to retake it.... :bang:
But I agree with you! It is a very well written text!

Botany is EVIL no matter what textbook/website/professor it comes from :annoyed:
And I have to retake it.... :bang:
But I agree with you! It is a very well written text!
I agree with the evil part. My class average was around 54% for the first exam :laugh:

You must suffer like the rest of us did with Campbell's Biology text. Its not that hard.

Biology by Brooker is pretty solid. PM and I can send you the link.