• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

tmac11

10+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I used Serway & Jewett and would not recommend it. The book wasn't terrible, but I'm sure there are other calc-based physics textbooks that are better.

Chemdude

10+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I used Serway and Jewett as well. IMO, it's not a good "teaching" book. In-text chapters have barely any examples related to chapter questions. The chapter questions are awesome though.

About the Ads

tmac11

10+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yeah the chapter questions weren't bad, but the student solutions manual had very few solutions, which was frustrating.

redlight

Senior Member :D
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2008
USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
intro calc based physics?
as in pre-calc/algebra or do you mean calc (I) based physics?
mine is calc based physics and we use the newest version (2nd ed?) of physics for scientists and engineers by knight. i really like it.. lol but maybe thats cuz i used the same book (but first edition) for physics in high school. i find it really clear and their example problems and in-chapter concept questions are VERY helpful.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.