intro level courses in senoir years...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omyss

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do med schools care if you take introductory courses in your senior years (3rd or 4th)? For example i'm going to my thrid year of a chem specialization but i was thinking of taking some first year philosophy or humanities courses...

Members don't see this ad.

I had to take two 1000 level courses my last two semesters before I graduated. One was a history class, and one was a philosophy. I didn't have any problems with any med schools. I didn't ever think to ask, but I don't think that they would care.

do med schools care if you take introductory courses in your senior years (3rd or 4th)? For example i'm going to my thrid year of a chem specialization but i was thinking of taking some first year philosophy or humanities courses...

Not a problem. Just do well in them. They may even find your courses to be interesting. You may want to take an intro level philosophy course dealing with ethics and technology. They may think that it is neat if you took a criminology course.

as posted in another thread about the same thing, as long as you haven't taken more advanced classes in the same subject (i.e. taking an intro bio for humanities majors after completing the normal intro to bio), you'll be fine.

i myself enrolled in 100-level humanities courses both semesters of my senior year because they were courses i'd wanted to take freshman year but couldn't.