Introduction to Chemistry on Coursera

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pineapplepancakes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am a soon-to-be postbacc premed student this summer, and I just wanted to let everyone know about a great introductory chemistry course on Coursera (which offers free MOOCs created by a number of academic institutions). I jumped in when it started because I wanted to get a head start on chemistry and re-familiarize myself with the basics, and so far I am really enjoying it. It covers basic concepts about atoms, the periodic table, etc. up to molarity and solubility (nine weeks total) and includes video lectures, quizzes, practice problems, and mid/final assessments. I plan to use this, and then jump into an intro chemistry course on MIT Open Courseware (e.g. this) in order to be really ready for the onslaught of Chem I/II in a few months.

Anyway, you can find the course here: Introduction to Chemistry

Also, if you're interested, it looks like there's an Introductory Physics I with Laboratory course as well, which I haven't had time to get to but I imagine should be useful.

Members don't see this ad.