Invitation for correspondance with a medical student from India

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khalid22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
!! R E P L Y - A S S U R E D !!

Hello,
I am Khalid, a medical student from India. I am a 21 y.o., Male. I want to have interaction with medical students. We can discuss the academic issues, various subjects, teaching concepts and campus life.We can also be just friends.
My Interests: Religion, travel, painting, tennis, social service, chatting with friends and penpals, gaining knowledge of the cutting edge scientific technology and all about exploring the world.
Waiting for your reply,bye,
Md Khalid

!! R E P L Y - A S S U R E D !!

Members don't see this ad.

hi khalid..
my name is geetika..i'm doing my 3rd yr mbbs at PGIMS rohtak...
I would enjoy corresponding .
Also..i don't know if you feel the same..but i feel that there is a lack of interaction among med students in india..and also a lack of interaction between those in india and abroad..
What do u think??
Do you know of any forums for medstudents in india??
Well.if u do..please post the sites..

thanx and bye
geetika

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey to all in Indian Medical school. I am here in Los Angeles. Will be starting med school next year though. Just found out that I was accepted. I am not sure how the system works in India. Would be interesting to find out. Email me if interested: [email protected].

Where were you accepted?

hey wsingh
this is how the system works in india....
To get into a medical college here..u have to be a high school graduate with a minimum of 60 % in your 12th grade board exams.
Then you are eligible for competitive exams. SOme of these are all india exams and others are specific to different colleges.
THe course is 5 and half yrs including 1 yr internship.

Hope this is enuf info !!!!

geetika

Hi Khalid,
I am not a medical student but exploring it and hopefully be one in two years. I have several friends who are practicing physians so I know the area second hand. If interested send me a mail @ this address;
[email protected].
Take care.

Poonam

Originally posted by nemesis_2003:
hi khalid..
my name is geetika..i'm doing my 3rd yr mbbs at PGIMS rohtak...
I would enjoy corresponding .
Also..i don't know if you feel the same..but i feel that there is a lack of interaction among med students in india..and also a lack of interaction between those in india and abroad..
What do u think??
Do you know of any forums for medstudents in india??
Well.if u do..please post the sites..

thanx and bye
geetika

Hello geetika,
yes, there must be more interaction between med, students. send me an email at [email protected], so that we may correspond.i dont know about indian med. student message boards but will try to find them. I will write to you about other international med. message boards later. I am still searching for good ones.
reply soon,
bye,
Khalid

------------------
Md Khalid,
MBBS student,
JN Medical College, Aligarh

Hi khalid,
I AM STUDYING IN FINAL YEAR MBBS AT BANGALORE MEDICAL COLLEGE.
I WOULD BE GLAD TO BE CORRESPOND WITH U AND ANY ONE ELSE HERE.
I AM 21 YEARS OLD AND CURRENTLY DOING MY MEDICINE POSTING
U CAN MAIL ME AT
[email protected]
OK BYE AND WAITING FOR UR REPLY
WARMLY,
MANISH

Hi Manish,

My cousin went to Bangalore for Medical School, he said it was very difficult to keep up with the coursework, etc. He finished when I was a bit younger though, and he is now a cardiothoracic surgeon. I was originally planning on going to india if things didn't work out here in the US, but I don't know anymore. Ideally, I will exhaust all possible routes here in the US before I go foreign, God willing, that won't happen though. Anyway, Bangalore is a good school, I have two other cousins who went to Deccan in Hyderabad. I don't know if you've heard of that school. If you plan on coming here to the US, good luck on your USMLE, prepare for it. You shouldn't have too much of a hard time though, it's the older people that have hard times with USMLE. My aunt who is an MD from Osmania Univ. in Hyderabad has been trying to pass step 1 for about 5 years now, with no luck. But she got her MD from Osmania back in the 1970s. Anyway, it's nice to hear a familiar name or two once in a while =). Good luck to you =)

-imtiaz

HI IMTIAZ,
NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU,
AND UR COUSIN IS RIGHT THE COURSE LOAD IS A BIG SLOG HERE, ESP SINCE MINE IS A GOVT COLLEGE AND PATIENTS ARE A FLOOD.CAN LEARN MORE BCOZ IN INDIA STRESS IS MORE CLINICAL EXAMINATION RATHER THAN LAB FACILITIES,
SO VERY LESS TIME TO STUDY FOR MY PG ENTRANCE.
I AM AIMING FOR MS [GEN SURG] AND THEN GO FOR NEUROSURGERY AT NIMHANS HERE.
THANX FOR UR LUCK I AM GONNA NEED IT.
OK BYE
WARMLY,
MANISH
WHAT BOUT U?

HI GEETIKA,
I AM STUDYING MBBS AT BANGALORE MEDICAL COLLEGE FINAL YEAR AND WOULD LOVE TO INTERACT WITH YOU
I FEEL THE SAME THAT INDIAN MEDICOS HARDLY USE THE NET TO INTERACT WITH OTHER
MAYBE ITS BCOZ NET USAGWE AMONG DOCS IN INDIA IS QUITE POOR COMPARED TO OTHER COUNTRIES
ANYWAY IF U WANT U CAN MAILME
OK BYE
WARMLY
MANISH

hi Manish...
I'm a 3rd yr at PGIMS, Rohtak.
My exams are coming up and though i can't say that i'm looking forward to them, yet they mean taht i will finally get into 4th yr >>>.which means some serious clinical rotations and lotsa patient interaction. NOw that is something that i am looking forward too!!!!
I'm really tired of being treated as a "baccha" in the hospital..which is how all 3rd yrs are treated here. Is it the same in Bangalore?. It would be nice to hear abt some final yr experiences!!!

ALso best of luck for your PG entrances..
Neurosurgery ...wow...!!!!
smile.gif

geetika

Can any of you tell me anything they know about the of Indian origin "Vignan Educational Foundation" and their recently opened medical school, "International Medical and Technical University" in Dar Es Salam, Tanzania? It is at http://www.imtu.edu/

HI GEETIKA,
NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
AND BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR EXAMS.
HEAVEN KNOWS HOW I HAD MANAGED TO SCRAPE THROUGH THEM ESP P&SM.DO YOU HAVE THAT SUB NOW OR IN YOUR FINAL YEAR?
ANYWAY I THINK YOU WOULD HAVE LIKED MY COLL
FOR HERE THERE NOT MUCH DISTINCTIONBETWEEN SENIORS &JUNIORS.
TO TELL YOU A SECRET, V R TERRIFIED OF OUR IMMEDIATE JUNIORS.THEY STUDY LIKE ITS THEIR MANNA AND V NEVER MAKE A MISTAKE OF PRESENTING A CASE WHEN THEY R AROUND. THATS WHY THE ENTIRE COLL CALLS THEM MUTANTS ,THE NEXT BATCH IS ALLRIGHT.
ANYWAY WISHING U LOTS OF LUCK IN YOUR EXAMS.
WARMLY,
MANISH

HI GEETIKA,
NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
AND BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR EXAMS.
HEAVEN KNOWS HOW I HAD MANAGED TO SCRAPE THROUGH THEM ESP P&SM.DO YOU HAVE THAT SUB NOW OR IN YOUR FINAL YEAR?
ANYWAY I THINK YOU WOULD HAVE LIKED MY COLL
FOR HERE THERE NOT MUCH DISTINCTIONBETWEEN SENIORS &JUNIORS.
TO TELL YOU A SECRET, V R TERRIFIED OF OUR IMMEDIATE JUNIORS.THEY STUDY LIKE ITS THEIR MANNA AND V NEVER MAKE A MISTAKE OF PRESENTING A CASE WHEN THEY R AROUND. THATS WHY THE ENTIRE COLL CALLS THEM MUTANTS ,THE NEXT BATCH IS ALLRIGHT.
ANYWAY WISHING U LOTS OF LUCK IN YOUR EXAMS.
WARMLY,
MANISH