Inviting co-residents to my baby shower

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chitown2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m graduating residency this year and have a baby on the way. I don’t have many friends in general, I’m quiet and an introvert and honestly my husband is my best friend. I do have friends in my residency class and get along with almost everyone but I can’t say my co-residents are my BEST friends.
However, my mom wants to throw me a baby shower and I really don’t have enough people to invite so I was considering inviting all of my female co-residents. I would love to have them all there but I know some won’t come or might think it’s weird because they don’t know me well.
I don’t care about gifts one bit. I personally am not materialistic and my husband and I already have the big ticket purchases covered. I would be happy with a box of diapers.
just curious, would it look rude or gift grabby to invite all my female co-residents?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m graduating residency this year and have a baby on the way. I don’t have many friends in general, I’m quiet and an introvert and honestly my husband is my best friend. I do have friends in my residency class and get along with almost everyone but I can’t say my co-residents are my BEST friends.
However, my mom wants to throw me a baby shower and I really don’t have enough people to invite so I was considering inviting all of my female co-residents. I would love to have them all there but I know some won’t come or might think it’s weird because they don’t know me well.
I don’t care about gifts one bit. I personally am not materialistic and my husband and I already have the big ticket purchases covered. I would be happy with a box of diapers.
just curious, would it look rude or gift grabby to invite all my female co-residents?

No, I think inviting them would be very nice if COVID restrictions permit it in your area. I don't think it would be weird at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
My wife did a baby shower with just her coresidents - we don't really have too many other close friends in the city where we currently live. What she did was make a request that we don't want too much "stuff", and that the only gifts we would be accepting would be either baby books or diapers - or nothing at all. It worked out really well - we got some cute books (some that we may have never picked out ourselves), she had a good party, and a few boxes of diapers.

Reactions: 1 users