iOS 7 and SDN mobile app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exitonly29

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with the mobile application crashing over and over after updating to iOS 7. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling and still have the same issues

Members don't see this ad.

on the full website there is a notice:

"iOS7 Notice The SDN Mobile app crashes under iOS7. Apple is in the approval process for the updated SDN Mobile iOS7 app; it should be available on iTunes very soon."

on the full website there is a notice:

"iOS7 Notice The SDN Mobile app crashes under iOS7. Apple is in the approval process for the updated SDN Mobile iOS7 app; it should be available on iTunes very soon."

Awesome! Thanks for the info. It's really buggy sometimes it lets me use it for a while and then other times it will crash every 5 seconds. Glad to hear they are updating it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shoulda used android.

wow how does this app cost money, thats the most ridiculous thing
All monies goes to covering the cost of running SDN. Despite popular belief, this is not a cheap website to run and there are many "hidden" costs members don't see such as legal counsel, etc.

Now, if I could only convince Lee to give me a stipend.

I'm not having any problems using it with iOS 7.

Edit: I feel like an idiot. My app just started crashing like crazy.

Last edited:
I'm not having any problems using it with iOS 7.

Edit: I feel like an idiot. My app just started crashing like crazy.

Yea certain times so far I use it and it works great then you will get in the crashing cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
Like water? :laugh:

Thats why I only buy sodas with the maximal sugar content!

All monies goes to covering the cost of running SDN. Despite popular belief, this is not a cheap website to run and there are many "hidden" costs members don't see such as legal counsel, etc.

Now, if I could only convince Lee to give me a stipend.

Fair enough, I would have assumed ad-revenue is pretty hefty for a site with this much traffic

Then again the app does have features that aren't on the usual site; no ads and listings of all participated threads for instance.

This is actually the only app I have ever paid for. It's very useful and a place to turn for advice or just to blow off steam. I also can't imagine the amount of time people put in to monitor the site. The cost is beyond reasonable and I'm grateful for such a site. Just my two cents.

Haven't updated to iOS7 yet since I have no storage on my phone. Bummer.

This is actually the only app I have ever paid for. It's very useful and a place to turn for advice or just to blow off steam. I also can't imagine the amount of time people put in to monitor the site. The cost is beyond reasonable and I'm grateful for such a site. Just my two cents.

Haven't updated to iOS7 yet since I have no storage on my phone. Bummer.

This. So much this!

Dollar or not, it seems strange to pay for something otherwise free.

That's a good point but the website, if accessed from your mobile browser, is clumsy on a device as it's optimized for a desktop. The app is meant to be operated with your thumbs. It's much more convenient, and as others mentioned, does have some unique features (list of participated topics; notifications when your posts are quoted).

Here's hoping the new version goes live soon.

According to my phone it auto-updated the SDN app an hour ago

That's a good point but the website, if accessed from your mobile browser, is clumsy on a device as it's optimized for a desktop. The app is meant to be operated with your thumbs. It's much more convenient, and as others mentioned, does have some unique features (list of participated topics; notifications when your posts are quoted).

Here's hoping the new version goes live soon.

At the bottom left of the website you can switch it into mobile mode, and the mobile optimized website is very easy to use on a telephone.

Let me know if you're having difficulty with the newest update.

It should have resolved the iOS7 crashing issue - but I want to make sure nobody is having issues.

Actually I am still experiencing frequent crashing even with the new update. I checked to make sure I was running the latest version, and deleted/reinstalled the app several times. Maybe I need to restart my device?

Let me know if you're having difficulty with the newest update.

It should have resolved the iOS7 crashing issue - but I want to make sure nobody is having issues.

Just installed looks good so far. Will update if crashing continues

Actually I am still experiencing frequent crashing even with the new update. I checked to make sure I was running the latest version, and deleted/reinstalled the app several times. Maybe I need to restart my device?

Crashing here too. This is my 3rd time trying to write this!

The app is working fine for me.

I am still experiencing crashing even after rebooting my phone.

Based on reports, I've pushed another update (2.2.10) to iTunes - it usually takes about 48 hours for Apple to review and publish it.

Based on reports, I've pushed another update (2.2.10) to iTunes - it usually takes about 48 hours for Apple to review and publish it.

The current app now is working great for me.

Great to hear! Also, the new update will probably be available later today - Apple is working fast today!

App is working fine.

iPhone 4 16GB AT&T here.

Version 3 of the SDN Mobile app is now available for download. It has been completely rewritten for iOS7.

Hope you like it!

Reactions: 1 user
I like it, just find the always present red across the top to be a bit odd.

Thanks for the iOS7 update to the app though, I had been waiting for this!

I like it, just find the always present red across the top to be a bit odd.

Thanks for the iOS7 update to the app though, I had been waiting for this!
Yeah, I agree. Probably will change it to a grey or blue in the next update.

The layout is similar to reddit