Iowa Acceptance and Waitlist/Alternate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BacteriaER

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone decides to take his/her Iowa acceptance? If yes, are you out-of-state or iowa resident?

Also, anyone found out that you're on Iowa waitlist? Any news lately?

thanks

B

Members don't see this ad.

I from out of state (cal) and found out that I was placed on the waitlist this weekend...im sending my "waitlist acceptance" asap

Jifi

A friend of mine was from out of state (CA). Last year he applied and was waitlisted. His rank was 89 (out of 100 people or more). Two weeks before school starts, he got accepted by Iowa.
Are you on wailist in another school or just iowa?

B

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi BacteriaER,

I was accepted to Iowa in January and am presently holding my spot. I'm an out-of-stater, but am applying for residency based on a few loopholes. If I can get in-state tuition, there's a chance I'll be at Iowa in the fall. Most likely though, I'll be giving up my position. Having lived there for 18 years, I'd really be annoyed for four years paying out-of-state tuition.

Hope this helps,
poindexter

Hey B,

This is my first waitlist...im still waiting on 6 other schools

hi, im taking my iowa acceptance, and im in state.
bald

congrats bald on your acceptance to Iowa. I am an in-state resident and I just found out that I am on the alternate list.

Iowa is far and away my first choice. Does anyone have any advice for me?