Iowa applicants at the U of Iowa...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hawk52

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you applied and interviewed and a decsion has been made, ISIS will update your status at midnight tonight (Dec. 1st).

Members don't see this ad.

Where can I see my status? AADSAS or....?
I interviewed 10 days ago.

smile@dent said:
Where can I see my status? AADSAS or....?
I interviewed 10 days ago.

Most likely, the committee hasn't had a chance to go over your interview...but once they do make a decision, I'm guessing they'll probably update ISIS first. (That is of course assuming that you currently go to Iowa.)

If you don't go to Iowa, I'm pretty sure Ms. Brown said that they would send something out in the mail. She never mentioned updating the AADSAS site.

Hope that helps. :)

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you're right about them meeting before Thankgiving...but I'm guessing that an interview that occurred 10 days ago wouldn't be considered a 1st round group candidate. (I could be wrong though.)

I was also told initially that Iowa residents won't hear until after 1/1, but I've heard from several other people that that isn't necessarily true. I think they tell you the 1/1 date so that you don't call them right away on 12/1.

Are you an instate applicant?

unit2013 said:
I thought the commitee was meeting a couple days before thanksgiving?

I also was told the wouldnt start accepting iowa residents until jan 1.

but apparently i have been mis lead .... by someone.... at iowa.... .

Not that it counts very much but last year on Nov 30th late at night I looked at the ISIS website and my status read "pending". On Dec. 1st first thing in the morning it read "accepted", so I'm not sure why they would change response date to Jan 1st especially if you are from out-of-state as it was my case. Good luck and I was very impressed w/Iowa school!!

I'm sure you'll get in. Based on last years admission statistics you have about a 50% chance. (Out of the 114 residents that applied 57 ended up attending.)

Good Luck!

unit2013 said:
Correct, I am a resident.

I guess I can only hope that I get accepted, and if I am not accepted that would really bug me, I have not a clue what I would do for the next year.

unit2013 said:
It's the chance of being the other 50% that scares me. Then again, of the 114 residents, were all interviewed? How does the interview weigh in?

Good luck to you, be in now or over the next 4 years.

I am a resident and my ISIS said "Admitted" on Dec. 1st. I got the letter today (december 2nd). Elaine did tell me that they do not like to accept any IOwa residents until all residents have been interviewed. The only ones accepted before that are the one who would be accepted regardless.

unit2013 said:
It's the chance of being the other 50% that scares me. Then again, of the 114 residents, were all interviewed? How does the interview weigh in?

Good luck to you, be in now or over the next 4 years.

From what I've heard, all Iowa residents are granted an interview regardless of your GPA and DAT. (As far as the interview...I was kind of under the impression that its not heavily weighted when all things are totaled up.)