Iowa State c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, for those of you still looking it appears that there are quite a few trailers in Old Orchard still available! Message me if you have any questions about living in the trailer park or about any questions you may have!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Just an update for anyone following: we received an email from the dean about enrollment.
They increased the class size of VM2 and VM1 by 5 students to offset the budget loss for next year.

VM1 class is currently full.

Reactions: 1 users
Just an update for anyone following: we received an email from the dean about enrollment.
They increased the class size of VM2 and VM1 by 5 students to offset the budget loss for next year.

VM1 class is currently full.

Are you a VM2? I got no email saying that...

Members don't see this ad :)
Current students received the email from Dean Grooms last Friday so that is where that information is from. Just remember some people may change their minds yet this summer!

Current students received the email from Dean Grooms last Friday so that is where that information is from. Just remember some people may change their minds yet this summer!

I’m starting this fall and not getting many emails; I’m just trying to make sure I’m not missing any important emails somehow

(Ps. Are we allowed to change our email names from “student ____ at iastate” to our actual names?)

I’m starting this fall and not getting many emails; I’m just trying to make sure I’m not missing any important emails somehow

(Ps. Are we allowed to change our email names from “student ____ at iastate” to our actual names?)

Yeah, sorry for not clarifying. Current students received the email VM2 and up.
and yes, there is an option to change your email before you finalize it. It typically is first initial, last name @iastate but many classmates have theirs as just their last name or something different.

I have taken Beef Records. I think it was a good overview of the beef industry, what you would want your future clients to do, and how to help your clients out in the future. The second semester focused more on the cow calf side of the industry. I personally learned a lot and had large animal experience going into school. I know Beef Records and Dairy Informatics are required for some rotations during fourth year, so if you're thinking of doing those you'll want to take both sets of electives. I know for sure Beef Records is a 3 semester series, but only 2 are required for the rotations. I think Dairy is also multiple semesters. They are both easy to do in you're first year so you can leave time for other electives your second and third years.

If you have anymore questions, I'll happy to help out

Thanks for the information! I think I will probably end up taking these electives, then. I was hoping it was a way to get my foot in the door learning about beef/dairy industry on the vet med side, but the description of the course was just confusing.

Yeah, sorry for not clarifying. Current students received the email VM2 and up.
and yes, there is an option to change your email before you finalize it. It typically is first initial, last name @iastate but many classmates have theirs as just their last name or something different.

Sorry I meant the email itself! when I send an email, it shows the name as “student (username) at iastate” instead of “Firstname Lastname”. Thought it was sort of weird... do most people change that to just their name? I don’t want to somehow get into any sort of trouble for something weird like that, but I hate it haha

Edit: not the email address itself, but the name of the owner of the email if that makes more sense

Sorry I meant the email itself! when I send an email, it shows the name as “student (username) at iastate” instead of “Firstname Lastname”. Thought it was sort of weird... do most people change that to just their name? I don’t want to somehow get into any sort of trouble for something weird like that, but I hate it haha

Edit: not the email address itself, but the name of the owner of the email if that makes more sense
I’m not sure if I follow what you mean haha. When I send an email from my iastate to another email address it shows up as my first name and last name. Ex: [email protected] shows up as an email from Jonny Appleseed. Does yours say it’s an email from “student”?

If no one here responds you can always reach out to tech support! I remember there being a phone number to call to set up your email

I’m not sure if I follow what you mean haha. When I send an email from my iastate to another email address it shows up as my first name and last name. Ex: [email protected] shows up as an email from Jonny Appleseed. Does yours say it’s an email from “student”?

If no one here responds you can always reach out to tech support! I remember there being a phone number to call to set up your email

Adjustments.jpg

This is what people see as my name when I send an email. Thought it was weird...

Members don't see this ad :)
I have just declined my spot. Hope someone else will get the call soon!

I was #146. Just got the call (well, text and email) last week.

Do you guys think I can ask for a file review while on the waitlist still? Starting my application for next cycle unfortunately:(

Do you guys think I can ask for a file review while on the waitlist still? Starting my application for next cycle unfortunately:(
Apparently we had to have it submitted by May 15th. Are you still going to ask for a review file? I had a literal brain fart and didn’t think about it until now.

Attachments

• 1D7CD952-CDEF-4172-BB99-BE327AA674C0.png
    1D7CD952-CDEF-4172-BB99-BE327AA674C0.png
    306.1 KB · Views: 125
Apparently we had to have it submitted by May 15th. Are you still going to ask for a review file? I had a literal brain fart and didn’t think about it until now.
They sent me the same email pretty much! I didnt think about it at all either because I was so preoccupied with the waitlist! But I'm still going to try and do it

They sent me the same email pretty much! I didnt think about it at all either because I was so preoccupied with the waitlist! But I'm still going to try and do it
Okay! This is from the message board. Clicking the link doesn’t work :/ so let me know how it goes for you!!

Does being a vet student give us access to any ISU gyms/fitness centers? What is the best gym to go to that’s close to campus (either at ISU or getting a membership somewhere)?

Does being a vet student give us access to any ISU gyms/fitness centers? What is the best gym to go to that’s close to campus (either at ISU or getting a membership somewhere)?
While I dont personally go to any of the ISU gyms, being a student does give us access to the ISU gyms. There was a small CVM gym but currently that has been reallocated as a COVID testing area and they have yet to announce the new location of the gym equipment. As for which ISU gym would be best I cannot tell you that, although I do know parking can be a bit of a struggle, hence the CVM gym install.

I just graduated from ISU as an undergrad and have been to both gyms on campus. State Gym is a bit smaller but has much more opportunities for fitness classes. Lied has more floors and a better subset of lifting equipment if that's what you're looking for, plus the basketball court is significantly better than at State. I would say Lied is probably your best bet, since it's closer to the vet school if you're choosing between the two on campus options- Parking does suck both places though, you would either have to pay a meter or go outside of M-F 7:00-5:30

Some of the apartments in Ames come with access to Ames Fitness center that has 4 locations. The south location is down the street from vetmed, I’ve definitely worked out over lunch before

I just withdrew from the class after being offered admission to my in-state school! That means that the lucky #1 person on the OOS waitlist should receive their offer soon! Congrats to whoever it is :)

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone on here reapplying this cycle?