SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Iowa State Class of 2011

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by FriskyPony, May 12, 2007.

1. FriskyPony

FriskyPony 2+ Year Member

Dec 9, 2006
    New York State
    Maybe this thread already exists, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, I thought ISU should have a thread where the class of 2011 can meet each other!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. flokemahe

flokemahe ISU DVM 2011 2+ Year Member

Feb 28, 2007
    :thumbup:
    Hello, FriskyPony, Angiepants, & the rest of you Cyclones who haven't posted yet!
    :welcome:
    Looking forward to seeing all of you this fall in Ames!

4. FriskyPony

Dec 9, 2006
    New York State
    Should I make a facebook group for us?

5. AngiePants

AngiePants ISU VetMed 2011 2+ Year Member

May 2, 2007
    Where is the rest of Iowa State's class of 2011? Looking forward to meeting everyone!

6. twh11

twh11 ISU CVM Class of 2011 2+ Year Member

Mar 27, 2007
    IA
    Hey everyone.
    I just wanted to say hi. I will most likely end up seeing everyone in Iowa come August. There is still a very slim chance of me going to Glasgow but I really can't see that happening. I am from Pennsylvania. I graduated from Colorado State University majoring in Equine Science. I have a three year old collie named Lily and I plan on bringing her with me to Iowa in the fall.

FriskyPony, I think a facebook group is a great idea. It will be a great way to get to know each other.

7. TheSter

TheSter

Apr 21, 2007
    Hello Iowa State'ers,
    A facebook group would be great. I went to Drake University graduated on saturday with a degree in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology. With graduation over, the countdown has officially begun.
    Look forward to meeting you all!
    Nick Rappa

8. AngiePants

May 2, 2007
  9. FriskyPony

Dec 9, 2006
    New York State
    The name of the Facebook group is "Iowa State's College of Vet Med - Class of 2011", but I think it should pop-up if you search ISU CVM. Spread the word! And let me know if you have any suggestions!

10. FriskyPony

Dec 9, 2006
    New York State
    I facebook-stalked TheSter to find him, but I couldn't find anyone else--sorry guys! :p I'll have to wait to meet you all when you join the group.

11. FriskyPony

Dec 9, 2006
    New York State
    Yeah, I think we're going to get some very individualized one-on-one attention with our prof's at this rate. ;) No, but seriously, I want to know where everyone else is too!

12. doxiepup

doxiepup 2+ Year Member

Mar 14, 2007
    I was just accepted to ISU off the waitlist and I am curious if anybody else out of state knows if you can qualify for in-state tuition after the first year. Has anybody looked into this already? Thanks!

13. FriskyPony

Dec 9, 2006
    New York State
    Congrats! I am out of state, but I haven't looked into this at all. Let me know if you find out!

14. AngiePants

May 2, 2007
    I am pretty sure that if you move to Iowa specifically for school that you can't be considered a resident for tuition purposes. I don't know if there is another way of establishing residency, I hope so, I also hope I'm entirely wrong otherwise that's a lot of loans i'm going to have to pay off.

15. FriskyPony

Dec 9, 2006
    New York State
    I suppose I'll find out soon enough, but what's tuition going to be this year?

16. doxiepup

doxiepup 2+ Year Member

Mar 14, 2007
    I looked into it and you can't get residency in state if you moved to go to school full time, but if you move and go part-time you can. I think pushing 20 units a semester or quarter is more than half time!! So no luck there, sorry for getting anyone's hopes up, but I thought it was worth looking into. You can also get residency if you marry a full-time grad student. Any single guys out there?! :laugh: Oh, and tuition is right around $35,000 and some change for out of staters.

17. FriskyPony

Dec 9, 2006
    New York State
    Do we have stay married to this person? :idea: Or, can we get married and then divorced quick fast? 'Cause I totally would to save tuition! ;) Heehee. Well, maybe I wouldn't, but it'd be awfully tempting! :laugh:

18. BettieSpaghetti

BettieSpaghetti 2+ Year Member

Mar 25, 2007
    southern california
    Congrats to all of you future doctors. I'm happy for you guys. Does anyone know if the class is finalized? I am on the waitlist and haven't even been updated. I wasn't ranked in the first place but I thought I would have heard something by now about how the list has moved.

19. FriskyPony

Dec 9, 2006
    New York State
    I have no idea if the class is finalized yet, unfortunately. I guess I would call or email (Brenda is quite friendly) and ask. Good luck!