Iowa State Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FriskyPony

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe this thread already exists, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, I thought ISU should have a thread where the class of 2011 can meet each other!

Members don't see this ad.

:thumbup:
Hello, FriskyPony, Angiepants, & the rest of you Cyclones who haven't posted yet!
:welcome:
Looking forward to seeing all of you this fall in Ames!

Should I make a facebook group for us?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where is the rest of Iowa State's class of 2011? Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hey everyone.
I just wanted to say hi. I will most likely end up seeing everyone in Iowa come August. There is still a very slim chance of me going to Glasgow but I really can't see that happening. I am from Pennsylvania. I graduated from Colorado State University majoring in Equine Science. I have a three year old collie named Lily and I plan on bringing her with me to Iowa in the fall.

FriskyPony, I think a facebook group is a great idea. It will be a great way to get to know each other.

Hello Iowa State'ers,
A facebook group would be great. I went to Drake University graduated on saturday with a degree in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology. With graduation over, the countdown has officially begun.
Look forward to meeting you all!
Nick Rappa

The name of the Facebook group is "Iowa State's College of Vet Med - Class of 2011", but I think it should pop-up if you search ISU CVM. Spread the word! And let me know if you have any suggestions!

I facebook-stalked TheSter to find him, but I couldn't find anyone else--sorry guys! :p I'll have to wait to meet you all when you join the group.

Where is the rest of Iowa State's class of 2011? Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Yeah, I think we're going to get some very individualized one-on-one attention with our prof's at this rate. ;) No, but seriously, I want to know where everyone else is too!

I was just accepted to ISU off the waitlist and I am curious if anybody else out of state knows if you can qualify for in-state tuition after the first year. Has anybody looked into this already? Thanks!

Congrats! I am out of state, but I haven't looked into this at all. Let me know if you find out!

I am pretty sure that if you move to Iowa specifically for school that you can't be considered a resident for tuition purposes. I don't know if there is another way of establishing residency, I hope so, I also hope I'm entirely wrong otherwise that's a lot of loans i'm going to have to pay off.

I suppose I'll find out soon enough, but what's tuition going to be this year?

I looked into it and you can't get residency in state if you moved to go to school full time, but if you move and go part-time you can. I think pushing 20 units a semester or quarter is more than half time!! So no luck there, sorry for getting anyone's hopes up, but I thought it was worth looking into. You can also get residency if you marry a full-time grad student. Any single guys out there?! :laugh: Oh, and tuition is right around $35,000 and some change for out of staters.

Do we have stay married to this person? :idea: Or, can we get married and then divorced quick fast? 'Cause I totally would to save tuition! ;) Heehee. Well, maybe I wouldn't, but it'd be awfully tempting! :laugh:

Congrats to all of you future doctors. I'm happy for you guys. Does anyone know if the class is finalized? I am on the waitlist and haven't even been updated. I wasn't ranked in the first place but I thought I would have heard something by now about how the list has moved.

I have no idea if the class is finalized yet, unfortunately. I guess I would call or email (Brenda is quite friendly) and ask. Good luck!