Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Iowa vs UConn

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Hawkeye, Nov 11, 1999.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Just a change of subject, to let you all know that the Hawks are playing the defending champs at 8:05 central time on ESPN 2. I think I smell an upset in the air.

Go Hawkeyes

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Boomer

Boomer Supreme Sooner Member

Well,

Right now, with ~15 minutes left, the Hawks are up 12.

OK, I don't really like Iowa, but I don't like UConn either, so I'll cheer for the upset.

I'm with you Hawkeye, "GO HAWKS!"

------------------
    Respect my authoritah
    --Eric Cartman

4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Wow: what a game!! I must admit it is not everyday a team can piss away a 17 point lead and still beat the number one team in the nation, but a win is a win. I will take it though. With a win tomorrow night, it may push us into the top 15????

Go Hawkeyes

5. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor

Resident [Any Field]
    I just heard on the news the other day that UConn's hospital and medical school are going bankrupt.

Sorry to steer the thread back into the world of medical education. [​IMG]

Tim of New York City.

6. jawurheemd

jawurheemd xx ToXiC xx

Unfortunately, UConn lost to Iowa AND the hospital lost lots money -- but our dean had a meeting and told us that we are still going to graduate (yay!) -- it seems, however, that all of the teaching hospitals in this area are losing money like crazy after the Medicare reform act -- it's just that John Dempsey (UConn's hospital) has been the hardest hit because it is primarily a tertiary center -- oh well -- welcome to the new world of medicine

James Rhee
    University of Connecticut School of Medicine
    Class of 2001