Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EAK27

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear a thing from them regarding interview? I saw there were some rejections. ANYONE have an interview??? if so please list, with what state you are a resident

Members don't see this ad.

hey,
I have an Iowa interview this month. If you are an in-stater you will be interviewed as they interview all of us. If not, I dont know what will happen. If you are from Iowa (or now have resedency), call them to set up an interview. This sounds bold, but since all in staters are interviewed it is a mandatory part of the process for us, and is not considered out of line.
Good luck.

I had my interview on the 7th of October. This school is awesome and the facilities are top of the line. The only thing about the interview that gives butterflies is the fact that they record it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not gonna lie to you. Iowa is a top-notch school. Not a lot of people mention it on this board, but there's a high percentage of east-west coasters here.

We consistently score extremely high on board exams and place a high percentage of our graduates in specialties.

I'm in my first year here and every day at lunch for the past two weeks I've seen people interviewing. Give Elaine Brown a call, she'll let you know the scoop.

Any Q's ask away.

Hey bitecys,

Could you give me some interview pointers. Ive heard that it is a standard 39? interview but any specifics (pressure interview, get to know you, see that you have a pulse, etc...) would be appreciated.

millmm:

Yep, 39 questions. It's one-on-one, hence the tape recorder. From what I hear, they only actually listen to the tape of the interview if you are borderline, or a particular person on the committee has a concern with the application. Now I don't know that 100%, but that's what I've heard from some people.

The questions are interesting, they range from your life goals, to what you would do if you saw a kid hit himself on the finger with a hammer, all sorts.

It's not a tense situation at all. The interviewer gets to know you before the interview starts, they push record, and the interviewer does not comment on your question responses at all. Then after the interview, you get a tour, free lunch and you're out the door.

bitecys,

Thanks, glad to know its not a stressful situation. Funny you mention the kid/hammer/finger thing. My friend ( a D2) told me the exact same thing.

-Out

i already had my iowa interview and got in ;) :p

Regina, you are so smart, God I wish I was you I so don't see you in Iowa though, hmmm could it be your consant craving for palm trees???

regina,

Are you applying for the 2003 cycle? If so, how did you find out that you already got accepted before Dec 1st?

NSXDent

actually, EAK, it was my constant craving for soy-bean farms, prize-winning cows, and tractors that kept me out of Iowa....i was afraid i'd lose my concentration on school if I was surrounded by so many of my favortie distracting things :love: ;)

as for the acceptance Q, i applied for 2002, BUT don't be fooled....some schools send out acceptances in late Nov! even though it's against the rules, i got 2 of those early letters :p