Iowa's Pain program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foxtrot

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about Iowa's pain program. I have heard that it is a good program but I know there anesthesia program didn't fill in the match. If anyone has any thoughts feel free to share them.

Members don't see this ad.

interviewed there two summers ago. there is so information about it in the fellowship thread. Well-renowned director (ASRA president), great facilities. Very little intervention, lots of clinic, lots of regional (very strong in regional). Things might have changed though since I interviewed. In fact, I was asked why I was interviewing there by one of the interviewers because as he said "we dont do very many interventions"...

David Brown, the past anesthesia chair of Iowa, is now our anesthesia chair at MD Anderson. He recruited several anesthesiologists and one pain neurologist (who is an awesome guy, by the way) to move to Houston. I heard from them that there has been an exodus of faculty from that program, although Rosenquist is still there. Truthfully, they were marginally interventional before (as stated above), but I it sounds like things are dwindling further.