1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa's Pain program

Discussion in 'Pain Medicine' started by foxtrot, Apr 6, 2007.

1. foxtrot

foxtrot Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about Iowa's pain program. I have heard that it is a good program but I know there anesthesia program didn't fill in the match. If anyone has any thoughts feel free to share them.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ligament

Ligament Interventional Pain Management
    Physician Lifetime Donor SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have heard SECOND HAND that they perform most interlaminar epidurals without fluoroscopy. Could have heard wrong.

4. mehul_25

mehul_25 Dude!!!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    interviewed there two summers ago. there is so information about it in the fellowship thread. Well-renowned director (ASRA president), great facilities. Very little intervention, lots of clinic, lots of regional (very strong in regional). Things might have changed though since I interviewed. In fact, I was asked why I was interviewing there by one of the interviewers because as he said "we dont do very many interventions"...

5. ParaVert

ParaVert Interventional Pain
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    David Brown, the past anesthesia chair of Iowa, is now our anesthesia chair at MD Anderson. He recruited several anesthesiologists and one pain neurologist (who is an awesome guy, by the way) to move to Houston. I heard from them that there has been an exodus of faculty from that program, although Rosenquist is still there. Truthfully, they were marginally interventional before (as stated above), but I it sounds like things are dwindling further.