Iowa's Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vinny11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else (besides BacteriaER and me) on Iowa's in-state alternate list?

If so, what have you heard?

Right now, I am #14 on the alternate list (there is a separate list for out-of-staters). I was told that 34 were accepted off of the in-state alternate list last year and 23 the year before that. I got this info from Kathi Heubner (she was very nice).

These numbers vary a little from what BacteriaER has told me. Have any of you heard anything different? If so, please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

if an out-of-stater decline an acceptance, Iowa selects another out-of-stater and the same for in-staters.

Members don't see this ad :)
how many people does iowa place on the waitlist (in and out of state)?

I am not really sure how many are on the in-state and out-of-state waitlists and it is too early to tell this year as applicants are not required to return there responses until April 1st. I think that a rough estimate would be approximately 50 for the in-state waitlist and 150 for the out-of-staters, but I could be off for all I know.

Is April 1st the last day to accept waitlist status?

any out of staters on the waitlist?

as far as I have been told, April 1st is the last day to accept waitlist status.