Technology Iphone Or Blackberry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chriscc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been seeing the blackberry commercial more and more lately. I don't know when the last time I've seen an iphone commercial though. Anyway, would there be any reason to get the blackberry vs the iphone. Which one has faster internet connection. What more does it have?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been seeing the blackberry commercial more and more lately. I don't know when the last time I've seen an iphone commercial though. Anyway, would there be any reason to get the blackberry vs the iphone. Which one has faster internet connection. What more does it have?

It's more of what you're interested in than which is better. The iphone is great for syncing your iTunes library, portable web browsing, adding apps of all types (see the iPhone Medical Apps thread for more), etc...

A blackberry will allow you to do most of this in its own way. It won't sync your iTunes, but it will allow you to transfer mp3s (iTunes aren't typically mp3s). It also allows you to add apps of all sorts and has the big named medical applications behind it (iPhone has the biggest names and is increasing).

The main difference I've noticed is that the blackberry is amazing at email, sucks at web browsing, and apps handle well. The iPhone seems really good all around, but I personally didn't find it as good with email (It was still good though). For everything else though the iPhone is pretty slick.

Also note that iPhone is only available through AT&T unless you buy one and have it modded.

Along the lines of the iPhone vs. Blackberry comparison, are the any outstanding medical programs available on the iPhone that you can't get for on a Blackberry?

Members don't see this ad :)
Along the lines of the iPhone vs. Blackberry comparison, are the any outstanding medical programs available on the iPhone that you can't get for on a Blackberry?

Not that I've ever come across, but to be fair the only app I really use consistently is Epocrates and it's avail. for most all of the big ones.

especially if you jailbreak your phone...