Irish IEET (Intern employment eligibility test) HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

house1241

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have part 1 of the IEET (Intern employment eligibility test) coming up in Ireland in January 2017.

Currently, some websites have been provided to applicants by the Irish intern program for recommended reading however very little info is given about the actual questions and only 1 sample has been provided for each part of the exam.

There is very limited information on the internet regarding this exam, therefore I am very curious about what to expect.

If anyone has previously taken this exam or has some more info, I would highly highly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Sorry I know this post is from quite a while ago but I'm planning on doing the IEET in January and I am also very much in the dark about what to expect. Could you provide any information about it now having done it? I'd be really greatful!

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

Sorry I know this post is from quite a while ago but I'm planning on doing the IEET in January and I am also very much in the dark about what to expect. Could you provide any information about it now having done it? I'd be really greatful!

Thanks a lot!

The IEET is in two stages:

The first stage is an MCQ where you are asked questions about the Irish medical system and laws. There will be a few basic clinical questions (e.g. how to write a prescription, etc...). Should you pass this, you are then required to do level 2. This is similar to an OSCE and involves a discussion. The examiners want to make sure that you can understand what a patient wants and that your training is suitable for the 'social' aspect of medicine.

I'm assuming you did not go to Medical school in Ireland?