Irish Med Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jug27

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey i'm new to the this part of the forum, but through my research of all my options for med school i have not heard about goin to Ireland for med school till coming across this forum. I would like to know about these Irish med schools and their programs and how its like for Americans and such. I guess i didnt research enough. All your help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

That is too open-ended of a question. Please just search these boards for your answer, there are more than enough Irish threads around. A quickie start... they're 5-6 year programs, 5 years if you already have a degree in a science field. Traditionally, 3 clinical years and 2 pre-clinical, although this is starting to change as the schools try to integrate a more pbl approach. There are things that are frustrating here - same as anywhere - but in general, most Americans here have a great time and do well. There are more Americans/Canadians in this country than you may think.

which irish med schools are considered the top programs? Thanks for the info!