Irish Training: Perspectives/Feedback from Graduates or ResidentsPerspectives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

P

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I posted this under the international section, but thought I might get more of a response here. I have made some posts under the Irish thread on the international board, but wanted to start a new one due to circumstance. I initially had my mind set on Trinity (in Dublin), however due to new options I might have to choose between here or there. It figures that just when things seem to settle, life has a funny way of mixing it all up again. Anyhew, I have all the info I need regarding my options here (why I'm not posting that option). I am also familiar with residency training positions and stats regarding USMLE pass rates for Trinity. However, if anyone...US doctors trained in Ireland, Irish doctors who have practiced in the US, or pretty much anyone who has some first hand experience could provide insight into their training, lifestyle and existence of a stigmatism…if any associated with Irish training that would be great. I just want to make the most informed decision possible, as it is kind of a big one =). Any info...PROS and CONS would me much appreciated!

Thanks, -p

Members don't see this ad.