Irish Women

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Celiac Plexus

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just thought that some of the guys out there might be curious.... Alas, I will never have the opportunity to attend Irish med school, but I'm thinking of spending the month of May there studying something medical, and I also have the choice of going to Spain, or Germany. Basically I want to be in the place that has the best beer and women.

My information so far leads me to the following conclusion:

Germany: Beer 10/10, Women 7.6/10

Spain: Beer 4/10, Women 8.1/10

Ireland: Guiness 10/10, Other Beer 5.4/10, Women ???/10

Anyone have any input? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

well, i live close to germany, and deal with them on a daily basis. also, i have several irish women in my school....i say, go to spain and drink imported beer. i should prob just leave it at that....

good times!

hey neil, I hear Prague's pretty good, you dirty dawg! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
you right, it is! i must say the beer is a 10, and the women are 9.5...but, damn, is it cold! just had a freakin snowfall! it is april!!! my thin california blood is slogging around in my veins...oh well, back to the sunshine in 8 short weeks!

by the way, how did you know i am a dirty dawg???:laugh:

For women in Europe, 'ya gotta look North (Scandinavia) for the blondes and south (Spain, Italy) for the latin beauties. Germany and Ireland are in the middle (great geography lesson, I know). I would rate German women a little above Irish women, unless you like pale chicks with brown teeth (ouch, flame-suit on!)

In Spain, they throw the ugly babies in the well, so you'd be cashing in on a barbaric tradition.

But hey, in Ireland you'd be able to talk to the ladies, which may or may not work in your favor. You'd probably also be able to communicate with the Germans. In Spain, I'd say you'd better learn the words to the macarena and the Ketchup song.

Anyway, it's nice to finally see a thread with some real substance.

Since I just got back from Irleland, I must say that the Irish are not the best looking people (since I am mostly irish, I don't feel too bad saying it), but, as is the case with any larger city, there are sooo many non-Irish/internationals there that it doesn't matter. And Leorl is right, some of the Irish girls are extremely pretty i.e. the ones with teeth (j/k). Once in a while a girl will walk by you and you can't help but stand there in awe because they are so gorgeous!

Also CP, I have a problem with your rating system... you are rating both the girls and the beer of these countries. Don't the girls in countries where the beer gets a "10" automatically get a "10" by default...drink until they're cute ;) .

I dunno why I'm fixated on Ireland... Something about the history I guess. I am very interested in the politics there, and the fact that religion plays such a huge role in everyday life there. Also, all of the pictures that I have seen of Ireland make it look like such a beautiful country. So I guess I just assumed that the women would be just as interesting. Now I know that they are all toothless horror shows.... THough JMD made a good point about the direct relationship between beer consumption and the rating system so Ireland might work anyway...

Last question: If you had to pick between Dublin and London to do a one month rotation, and the criteria was solely based on the female beauty quotient (FBQ), which city would you choose?

The FBQ of Dublin pales into insignificance when compared to London. Now I am the first to admit that not not all english chicks are "oil paintings" and sometimes the beer goggles helps a bit however the culture in London means that it tends to get a pretty good slice of the pie. Also, London is very much a cosmopolitan city and you can do the world tour by hanging out in just this one city.

I don't know when you intend to be in the UK but I believe that this summer is going to be the summer of the super mini - so you better get your ass down here quick!!!! Oh and the beer is pretty good and strong.

London DEFINITELY wins in regard to women, and they will have any beer that you can find in Ireland. London, just for comparison, is like the NYC of Europe. You'll be able to find basically anything you want there. But, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Thanks for the replies. London, here I come.

CP,
Let me know how the rotation goes. Where is it? Although I will only be MS1 in the fall, I would really like to get back to London somehow over my 4 med. years. Any info you can provide would be much appreciated.

Let me know how the girl/beer thing works out for you as well...(private message if necessary) ;) .

Here is a related question.

How do women in Ireland and the rest of the UK compare to women in Montreal, Canada?

I know that I am blessed to be in Montreal, but I am wondering if I am going to be longing for home (in reference to women) when I get to Dublin?

Originally posted by leorl
Dunno how it is in Montreal, but I personally think a lot of the Irish women are gorgeous.

I have asked many ppl (including a few Irish ppl) and the consensus seems to be that Irish women are not as exotic as southern Europeans but have great personalities and are very down-to-earth.

As for Montreal, it has the most concentrated population of beautiful, fit and fashion conscious women in North America. The downside is that there is a certain 'attitude' that comes along with most of the females here.

P.S.-Before I saw your pictures, I assumed that you were a guy. I assumed that because of your reply to this post.

Hee Hee! sheesh. Girls are allowed to say other girls are gorgeous :). In a non-lesbianish type of way. And no, I don't have any lesbian tendencies just cuz I play rugby :). I'm just defending the people...yeah...hrm... ANYWAY, no, the Irish don't have an exotic quality to them, really. But I still think a lot of them are rather striking, and then their personalities make them even more beautiful. I guess it's the whole "eye of the beholder" thing.

Looks and passion

Colombia

Phillipines

Looks, less passion

Korea

Thailand

I have never been to Eastern Europe.

PS; despite infamy, Colombia has some excellent medical care, universities, hospitals, nobel laureates, and world renowned refractive surgeons.

They also have some decent looking ex dental students;

www.sofiavergara.com

Irish women are "too-white"(no tan) for me. Plus the red hair, doesn't do it for me.

I don't mean to offend anyone. It is just my opinion.

Originally posted by McGillGrad

As for Montreal, it has the most concentrated population of beautiful, fit and fashion conscious women in North America. The downside is that there is a certain 'attitude' that comes along with most of the females here.

I would go as far as to say that Montreal has the most "European" women in North America. Some might consider them fashion-conscious and they certainly have attitudes.

Personally, I think people all over are fashion conscious in their own way. Some just lie closer to Milan-style haute couture than others. As North America goes, Montreal (based on my 2-day visit to the city) is closer to Milan than most places.

On my trips to Canada, I've always felt like I got closer to Europe (when coming up from the US, of course). It's hard to put my finger on why. People are just a little more laidback; the buildings, the streets look a little more European (less garbage lying around?). This European feel was really strong in Quebec and Montreal in particular.

Originally posted by BellKicker
I would go as far as to say that Montreal has the most "European" women in North America. Some might consider them fashion-conscious and they certainly have attitudes.

Personally, I think people all over are fashion conscious in their own way. Some just lie closer to Milan-style haute couture than others. As North America goes, Montreal (based on my 2-day visit to the city) is closer to Milan than most places.

On my trips to Canada, I've always felt like I got closer to Europe (when coming up from the US, of course). It's hard to put my finger on why. People are just a little more laidback; the buildings, the streets look a little more European (less garbage lying around?). This European feel was really strong in Quebec and Montreal in particular.

It is great to see a European perspective on this issue.

I am actually going to Denmark next year to visit a relative in Aarhus. I am looking forward to visiting such a beautiful country again.

Don't forget about the Slavic nations (besides Prague)! Great beer, girls all have those high cheek bones. Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic. Very nice!

Originally posted by Square Pants
Don't forget about the Slavic nations (besides Prague)! Great beer, girls all have those high cheek bones. Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic. Very nice!

I know (from living in Munich for 4 years) that the Czech women are very high on the list.

The only obstacle is that they tend to speak less English than other non-Anglo Europeans. Although, if you also speak German, then you are in luck.