Is 2-3 weeks enough for practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

remedy23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to finish content review by this weekend, and I will have ~ 2 weeks to do practice FLs and passages until my August 22 MCAT.

I am planning to do AAMC Question Packs, AAMC Self-Assessments, and the AAMC Practice FL by the end of next week (with daily VR practice as well). After that, I should have a good idea of whether I'm ready for the MCAT or not, and will have 2 weeks to prepare for the MCAT.

What should I be doing? I know Khan Academy has some good practice passages for the MCAT, I know there's 4 FLs from EK and 3 FLs from TPR that I can take, but I won't have the time to take all of them for my August 22 MCAT, so I'm trying to prioritize what I should be doing until August 22.

Does 2-3 weeks seem like enough time for practice & passages? I'm actually going to get August off from work, so I'll actually have time to dedicate to passages & FLs, but I'm worried it's not enough time.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

No, certainly not for an ideal situation. But, I would do maybe 3 full lengths (Do AAMC Q packs and FL) and work on another FL to get your timing down. I would recommend people having 1.5 - 2 months for pure MCAT practice testing.

Reactions: 1 user
Postpone it to Sep 23rd if possible, and if you're not ready by that time, wait until January. There are about 30 FL tests on the market, at least do 10.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys, I will see how I feel by the end of the next week - I think the AAMC Practice Test will be a good indicator of what I'll decide. The latest I'd postpone it to is September 13, since I'll be going back to school and won't be doing any MCAT studying during that time. If it turns out to be a miss, I'll take another shot at it next year (with hopefully more time to actually practice!)

If push come to shove and you're during test and don't feel well about it, void without hesitation. Good luck!

If push come to shove and you're during test and don't feel well about it, void without hesitation. Good luck!

Thank you. I have a feeling you guys are right, and I am strongly considering postponing it to September 12. This is my first month where I have no obligations, and I think it's best to maximize that time as much as it's going to suck not having a summer.

Don't make the same mistake I did. I was running out of time and didn't put nearly enough emphasis on practice FLs. I thought I had a decent understanding of the content and scored a 500 -_-

Don't make the same mistake I did. I was running out of time and didn't put nearly enough emphasis on practice FLs. I thought I had a decent understanding of the content and scored a 500 -_-

Did you use the AAMC Official FL Practice? I definitely plan to do some practice FLs, but I wasn't planning on doing more than 5 because of time constraints. I know some people found that AAMC was sufficient to prepare them for the 2015 test, but I'm not sure anymore.