Is 3 months enough time to study for the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothhornet88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be using the 8 week study program by Dentalworks plus more studying and reviewing...I will try to study every day about 6-10 hours a day excluding new years and christmas do you think its enough to study for the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

It REALLY depends on the person. Your university was supposed to teach you most of the information on the DAT. Some people didn't really learn it the first time, so they will have a harder time with the DAT. In reality, you shouldn't have to study for 10 hours a day for 3 months....that is just crazy....

I studied for 5 weeks, and took a break on weekends, and maybe studied for 3 hours a day (on a good day), and my scores were good. It just depends on what type of person you are.

I think you should take a DAT practice test (ex: Achiever/topscore/crackdat), and see were you are at. If you get a ridiculously low score, you should probably gear up for some major studying, if you get a good score, you won't need to study quite as much.

I personally spent 'good' 3 weeks for science. Didn't do much prep for QR, PAT and RC.

My scores aren't that great but if you're aming for 20+ I think one month should be enough if you study wisely.

3 months is more than enough time for someone even with no background to learn everything its nothing bad to take that much time as long as you use it properly make sure you do as many problems and practice tests you can get your hands on.........resources available or ones you should def include should be
Kaplan blue book
Cliffs AP Bio
Dat Destroyer/ Math destroyer
Crack DAT PAT
Topscore

with all this you should do very well just make sure you remember everything u learned and dont forget things keep reinforcing and doing problems
best of luck :thumbup: