Pharmacy Is a 2.5 overall science GPA too low for pharmacy school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a cumulative GPA of 2.87 and I also have an upward trend. Pharmcas calculated my overall science GPA to be 2.5. I am hoping to get into Loma Linda Pharmacy School since they share the same values as me. Their website states a 2.75 GPA is required for cumulative and cumulative science/math. I’m sure I know the answer to my question is I won’t be considered due to my science GPA but is there a chance? I’ve read a few post with people being accepted into pharmacy schools with low GPAs. Some extracurricular activities is that I‘ve been a pharm tech for 6 months, church leadership, research, had a job since high school, and I did a medical mission trip. Also I have an upward trend right now since I transferred from a cc to a 4 year university.

So how badly will my GPA affect me? Will I just get ”filtered” out as those who won’t be considered?

Have you talked to the admissions staff at Loma Linda? If that's their stated policy, there's probably no way around that. Have you also talked with other pharmacy schools around you? How did you do in your chemistry classes?

I will also admit many of the prepharmacy students I have advised have been pharmacy techs for significantly longer. I cannot really say how much that makes a real difference in applying since it's not a de facto expectation for admission in general.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.