1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Is a 29 good enough for ANY med schools?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by KatieJune, Jun 24, 2002.

1. KatieJune

KatieJune Senior Member

I have a 3.5 gpa and I'm just wondering if a 29 (8PS, 10V and 11BS) would give me a chance at ANY med schools? I'm a CA resident, but would be willing to go anywhere. I'm not sure retaking it would help since this is comparable to my practice exams and I did study A LOT! Would applying be a waste of my time? Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lola

lola Bovine Member

you're fine... don't let anyone tell you differently. although you don't have a guaranteed spot at any school, if you apply to a range and have good ec's, a good personal statement, and good lor's you are likely to get in somewhere. your mcat is pretty good, and your 8 is in the physical sciences -- the section i'd weigh the least if i were an adcom member.

4. Khiladi

Khiladi Member

i second lola, if you give a strong interview i am sure you will be accepted to a M.D school.