is a "C" ok?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by coralsan, Sep 7, 1999.

1. coralsan

coralsan New Member

Hi Dr. Henderson,

I'm a sophmore at Mount Holyoke College, thinking of premed, and double majoring in Bio and Asian Studies. I have a few questions: I heard that for a premed, a "C" means dead meat, is it true? I took Calc II during the first semester of my first year, and I didnt' do too well, I ended up w/ a "C" in that course, do you think that med schools put a lot of weight on that? I mean, it was my first semester in college, I went home a lot, and kind of messed it up and ended up and got the lowest grade ever. But I got straight "A"s the next semester - so I guess I proved that I can handle the workload,or something, right?
    I'm thinking of doing a semester abroad in Australia in the spring semester of my junior year, do they offer the MCAT in Australia as well?

Thank you for spending time reading about my problemo. I'd appreciate your honest reply.

Sal

ps: GREAT SITE!!! It's really helpful!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. miglo

miglo Senior Member

I got a C+ in genetics and ecology and I still got interviews. I say don't sweat it, but try not to get too many! [​IMG]

Mig

4. jawurheemd

jawurheemd xx ToXiC xx

got a C in orgo, but successful in medical school!!

5. Jim Henderson

A C in calc II, a course not required by most med schools, won't be the death of your med school bid if it is balanced out by a good MCAT and good grades.

I agree with the above posts!

As for australia, your info can be found on the aamc.org site or by e-mailing for info on that site.

------------------
    Jim Henderson, MD of MedicalStudent.net http://www.medicalstudent.net

[This message has been edited by medicalstudent.net (edited September 07, 1999).]

6. coralsan

coralsan New Member

Hi all!

Thank you for your posts. I really appreciate it! [​IMG]

Sally

ps: I love this website!