Is a communications major easier than a early childhood education major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah issa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to become a kindergarten teacher but I want to make sure that i'm not going to get myself into a major that is going to be too complicated for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I want to become a kindergarten teacher but I want to make sure that i'm not going to get myself into a major that is going to be too complicated for me.

Why are you posting this here, in a pre-medical forum? Are you just looking to meet a doctor?

Reactions: 2 users
@sarah issa Besides the fact that this is a forum that is most suitable for students in the pre-medical field, I'll still try to answer your question. I go to a large liberal arts school that actually began as a school for teacher's back in the late 1800's. Almost 95% of students I meet that want to become teachers major in either early childhood education, secondary education, or special education. The other 5% major in something more specific such as biology, history, or something else because they plan on going on and getting their master's or PhD. From what I have been told by friend's that are education majors (early childhood, secondary, special), they find that the major is not too difficult and that if you truly want to be a teacher, you will enjoy the major! Students that choose the major are dedicated and interested in becoming teachers. I'm sure that your education department will be very supportive, and I do not think the classes you take as a communications major will lead you on the right path for education. You will do fine as an early childhood education major!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys this is so very, very clearly a troll

dont feed it

pls

:troll:

Reactions: 3 users
Guys this is so very, very clearly a troll

dont feed it

pls

:troll:

I wanna believe that she's/he's a troll, but I'm honestly convinced that OP actually used a picture of herself for her profile pic lol.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a former Chemistry and Secondary Education Major, and can tell you that at most schools, the Early Childhood Education major will be easier. If you love kids and have spent time around kids, most of what they teach you will be very intuitive.

However, I will warn you that if you want to become certified to teach, Early Childhood Education has a horrible job market. It is not uncommon for people to have to sub (for very little, unpredictable money and no benefits) for at least 2 or 3 years before being able to find a job. This is the case with Elementary Education as well. If you want to work with the younger kids, Special Ed with the goal of transitional kindergarten is really the way to go. Just putting my two cents in.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Check out A to Z Teacher Stuff's forum. I used to be a frequent poster there, and they were incredibly helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why are you posting on a health professional website? Are you planning to claim that this sparked your interest in pediatrics? I don't get it.

Closing thread. The pre-allo forum is for discussions related to medical school or its application process.

Status
Not open for further replies.