Is a grant a scholarship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daydream46

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a academic scholarship... but in addition...

Junior year I was "given/awarded" a grant for being a a science major and poor (a "single" mother at the time) with a GPA above 3.

Is that really an award to put? or is it just sorta lame...

More info:

The National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant, also known as the National Smart Grant is available during the third and fourth years of undergraduate study to full-time students who are eligible for the Federal Pell Grant and who are majoring in physical, life, or computer sciences, mathematics, technology, or engineering or in a foreign language determined critical to national security. The student must also be enrolled in the courses necessary to complete the degree program and to fulfill the requirements of the intended eligible major in addition to maintaining a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 in coursework required for the major. The National SMART Grant award is in addition to the student's Pell Grant award.

Members don't see this ad.

No I wouldn't put it... just my opninion. That's like putting a Pell grant on there... not too "presitigous" :D

Guess I shouldn't put "Daddy's Little Girl" either, Haha.. Thanks a bunch! I really value the info all the SDNers have to offer

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I wouldn't put in either. It sounds pretty lame.

Guess I shouldn't put "Daddy's Little Girl" either, Haha.. Thanks a bunch! I really value the info all the SDNers have to offer

It's like having a personal coach help you through everything. I agree, this forum is extremely helpful, especially today.

I wish I knew what SDN was when I was about to submit my application!