Is a July 20th MCAT too late for applying this cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lowki

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Junior Biology Pre-Med 3.8 GPA URM Student-Athlete

I am currently scheduled to take my MCAT at the end of my summer internship on July 20th. Fortunately, my internship is basically an 8 week Princeton Review MCAT course and shadowing. I have already started my primary, sent my transcripts, and got my LORs. I am planning on submitting in early June to one school so I can get verified? I am also planning to pre-write secondaries.

Can I apply this cycle?
If so, Does anyone have anymore tips for applying this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is more of an application question so you might get better feedback from a different thread. If you do end up taking it July 20th, be sure to have you secondaries ready to submit by the time you get the score back !

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
July is not late. As long as you have your score back by thanksgiving for DO and Labor Day for MD. You’re fine.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm thinking to take July 13th and applying for this cycle. I will verify my transcript in June. But, I'm wondering if I retake Mcat in September after submitting all secondaries (just in case, I might not get a good score), does it still hurt my chances to get interviews?

The retake will essentially be useless to you in terms of getting interviews. You should not ever plan to retake your MCAT. Go into it with the mindset that you need to do well on it the first time.

Reactions: 1 users