Is a Letter of Intent binding?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, because med school seats are so damn hard to fill that the harm to any school that relied on a BS letter from a desperate applicant would be truly irreparable. I wonder why we haven't seen one of these slam dunk lawsuits in all the years people have been accepted after submitting a LOI and then failed to enroll?? What do you think?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Any school that would elevate an articulate expression of desperation over the actual quality of an application, and make an admission decision based on it, deserves exactly what it gets. The fact is, as the wise adcoms have told us over and over and over again, is that the letters are very largely discounted or ignored, and med school admissions is such a sellers' market that seats can be extremely easily filled, even after classes begin. So, there would be absolutely no economic basis for the lawsuit you want to see, which is why we have never seen it. Not because your law nerd-dom is superior to that of the lawyers who actually represent these global educational and research powerhouses, and they just haven't thought of it yet.
No need to be passive aggressive. If you read my posts, it should have been clear what I wrote was just a fun thought experiment and meant to be facetious. Of course there is no economic basis, which is why I said if the school was harmed. I was merely pointing out that the LOI can be construed as a contract in certain scenarios, but I'm sure those hordes of corporate lawyers already know that.

Members don't see this ad.