Medical Is a letter of interest an actual letter or an email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this may be a dumb question but is a letter of interest an actual letter you type into a word document and then sign at the bottom (which you then email to admissions) or is it just sending an email to admissions?
Whatever makes you feel better.

I know that’s a tongue in cheek response, but these letters are more to treat your own anxiety than anything else. An email will let you get a token reply. A physical letter will make you feel like you went the extra mile. Whatever gives you more peace, do that.

Members don't see this ad.

Probably won't make much of a difference either way. Do what you need to do to make you feel good about doing everything you could. You gotta remember they are likely getting hundreds of these emails. Do you really think they would take them into account?

Reach out to the coordinator and see if there is a preference. Some programs even put it in the paperwork when you arrive that they do or don't accept LOIs.

What I've noticed being more common is that LOI is an email, and thank you notes seemed to be an even split of emails vs physical thank you card mailed in.

I also know MANY people including myself who never sent a LOI or thank you note and I matched just fine as did many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.