Is a student who attends a caribbean mediccal school eligible for federal student aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ihindash

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I get accepted at a caribbean med school, would i be able to get federal student loans to cover the costs of tuition and attendance? and also, what are the cons and pros about caribbean med schools?

Members don't see this ad.

you may find better answers in the Caribbean forum on the main page of this site and on ValueMD.com's forums

This is pre-DO forum. Maybe you missed that.

So does anyone know what it takes to get in to dental school??!!??!!

Members don't see this ad :)
ihindash said:
If I get accepted at a caribbean med school, would i be able to get federal student loans to cover the costs of tuition and attendance?

The answer is no.

only the big three...at this time are allowed federal funding. Smu allows the stafford loan for up to a certain amount only if you are enrolled in their dual degree program. other than that...no.

depends on the school

I go to Ross and get a limited amount of subsidized and unsubsidized stafford loans. The amount we get though is not sufficient to pay for all our tuition though. So the rest, including loans to live on, have to be private.

docbill said:
This is pre-DO forum. Maybe you missed that.

So does anyone know what it takes to get in to dental school??!!??!!

I know what forum this is, and i know what it takes to get in medical school, but wouldn't you want to explore all your options, I'm talking worst case scenario, if I don't get accepted here in the U.S I'm still going to pursue my dream even if it means going to the caribbean, and you know what, ig you have nothing supportive to say maybe you shouldn't comment at all!!!

ihindash said:
I know what forum this is, and i know what it takes to get in medical school, but wouldn't you want to explore all your options, I'm talking worst case scenario, if I don't get accepted here in the U.S I'm still going to pursue my dream even if it means going to the caribbean, and you know what, ig you have nothing supportive to say maybe you shouldn't comment at all!!!

uhh okkkk..calm down..he's just telling u that this is probably not the right forum to ask that question..and if you already knew it was pre-do forum, why would u post a question about carribean schools, expecially about financial aid, in a pre-do forum. you would get more answers and better ones in a carribean forum or more likely in valuemd.com

ihindash said:

:laugh: