Is AAMC 3 too easy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amandeep

Having MCAT nightmares!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took AAMC 3 and I scored higher than I usually do:
PS 9, VR 10, BS 12

I was just wondering since AAMC3 is an older test, how reflective is it of the difficulty level of the MCATs being administered in 2005? I thought that the questions were pretty easy actually...and I haven't been studying that well...so I don't know how I did well...unless the exam is too easy..!

Anybody find the same thing? Please let me know...so that I don't have any misconceptions about this test and my mark..

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Amandeep said:
I just took AAMC 3 and I scored higher than I usually do:
PS 9, VR 10, BS 12

I was just wondering since AAMC3 is an older test, how reflective is it of the difficulty level of the MCATs being administered in 2005? I thought that the questions were pretty easy actually...and I haven't been studying that well...so I don't know how I did well...unless the exam is too easy..!

Anybody find the same thing? Please let me know...so that I don't have any misconceptions about this test and my mark..

Thanks!

AAMC 3 is an older test in comparison to the others. AAMC3 has more emphasis on other things compared to the real deal (currently). However the Verbal reasoning is quite the same.

Yeah, I took AAMC the revised version.....so I guess this sucks....I'm not as smart as I think....booohooo! ::cries alone in corner of room::

Amandeep said:
Yeah, I took AAMC the revised version.....so I guess this sucks....I'm not as smart as I think....booohooo! ::cries alone in corner of room::

I dont think it is by any means easier... I think the test just emphasizes different things comparatively to the other ones... Therefore not the most accurate, nevertheless excellent source of practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have scored higher on 5R, 6R, and 7R. 4R was the worst for me. I am taking 8 tomorrow. AAMC tests require reasoning to get the correct answer. So, you need to be able to think things through. If that is what you did on 3R you should be allright, otherwise keep working on it. Reasoning is the key to fewer mistakes, and fewer mistakes is the key to doing well on this standardized test!!

Frank

Amandeep said:

I have scored higher on 5R, 6R, and 7R. 4R was the worst for me. I am taking 8 tomorrow. AAMC tests require reasoning to get the correct answer. So, you need to be able to think things through. If that is what you did on 3R you should be allright, otherwise keep working on it. Reasoning is the key to fewer mistakes, and fewer mistakes is the key to doing well on this standardized test!!

Amandeep said:

I find this kinda funny. I scored the lowest I have ever gotten on AAMC 3R. I have done considerably better on AAMC 7 and 8 (4 points better on these compared to 3R). Am I the only one who is crazy? :rolleyes:

i think so...i didn't score it (not sure if i will) but i had 10 minutes for each section, which is UNCALLED FOR because i suck at timing my verbal section. i thought bio was just ******ed, dumb questions for every passage...

wait until you take 4r, then you'll be having a fun time

samnite said:
I find this kinda funny. I scored the lowest I have ever gotten on AAMC 3R. I have done considerably better on AAMC 7 and 8 (4 points better on these compared to 3R). Am I the only one who is crazy? :rolleyes:

Nope, I'm crazy too! :eek:

I got a 16 on 3R and everyone is saying it was easy. I didnt study though so and that is pretty bad. This mcat stuff is harder than I thought. If I'm scoring that low on the easiest one then I must be really dumb!