Quantcast

Is an early sept Mcat late for this cycle?

Get Shadowing and a Virtual Clinical Education
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btttbgfr34

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have submitted my primary app and it was verified. However, due to physical health issues, I can not take the MCAT as planned and had to reschedule for an early sept test date. I have a strong GPA with EC and research

JimKimSlim

Reaction score
IMO, you want your application complete by Labor Day. If it’s secondary or LoR, then I think it will be fine. But if it’s the MCAT, I find it late and might put you in a disadvantage for some schools.

Reactions: 1 user

Darrow O'Lykos

Hail Libertas! - Medical Student
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
IMO, you want your application complete by Labor Day. If it’s secondary or LoR, then I think it will be fine. But if it’s the MCAT, I find it late and might put you in a disadvantage for some schools.

This logic would probably apply to a normal cycle, but not during COVID-19. Many schools have announced they are reviewing applicants without an MCAT/accepting delayed MCAT scores.

OP should apply confidently and be happy they got a September MCAT test date.

Reactions: 1 users

JimKimSlim

Reaction score
This logic would probably apply to a normal cycle, but not during COVID-19. Many schools have announced they are reviewing applicants without an MCAT/accepting delayed MCAT scores.

OP should apply confidently and be happy they got a September MCAT test date.
Yeah, that is very true. OP should contact all the schools they’re considering to apply to and ask about their timelines, like I did. In my case, the vast majority of the schools I applied to said they will be treating this application cycle no different from the previous cycles.