Is any one taking summer school to graduate before medical school???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frohopleap

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what happens if you can't graduate before the end of the summer but can still make it to enter medical school? will they remove your acceptance? Basically, has anyone taken summer school before medical school?
getting a little worried here, please someone respond...:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure you get accepted before you graduate anyway, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I'm not really sure though, and your question is kind of confusing. If you'd just be finishing your degree the summer after seniors normally receive their degree, I'd imagine you're okay.

I'm not accepted to a med school, so this is speculation, but aren't acceptances contingent on you completing your program of study without tanking grades? If this is true then it would stand to reason that if you don't finish they can pull your acceptance. If there are some extenuating circumstances I would tell the school sooner rather than later, and I would hope they would be willing to work with you.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you bomb any classes, let alone the ones you need to graduate during your last semester, they are in their full right to rescind their acceptance. Just don't let it get to that point. I am feeling senioritis as badly or even moreso than the next guy, but you gotta keep it under control :)

I'm not accepted to a med school, so this is speculation, but aren't acceptances contingent on you completing your program of study without tanking grades? If this is true then it would stand to reason that if you don't finish they can pull your acceptance. If there are some extenuating circumstances I would tell the school sooner rather than later, and I would hope they would be willing to work with you.

Edit: I think I misread your post. So you are saying you will graduate at the end of the summer instead of in May? If that's the case I don't think it should be too big a problem, since I have heard of people taking weird prereq's only required by the school they will be attending (i.e. maybe an extra english or social science or a third calc) the summer beforehand.

Edit: I think I misread your post. So you are saying you will graduate at the end of the summer instead of in May? If that's the case I don't think it should be too big a problem, since I have heard of people taking weird prereq's only required by the school they will be attending (i.e. maybe an extra english or social science or a third calc) the summer beforehand.

this is exactly my concern!! thanks, that make me feel so much better.

If you bomb any classes, let alone the ones you need to graduate during your last semester, they are in their full right to rescind their acceptance. Just don't let it get to that point. I am feeling senioritis as badly or even moreso than the next guy, but you gotta keep it under control :)
what does bombing a class entail? A "C" or lower? I thought all you needed were "C"s in your classes (not prereqs.) just so that you graduate with your degree. I don't think they care or even look at your grades before you matriculate as long as you graduate. Any thoughts?

what does bombing a class entail? A "C" or lower? I thought all you needed were "C"s in your classes (not prereqs.) just so that you graduate with your degree. I don't think they care or even look at your grades before you matriculate as long as you graduate. Any thoughts?

I'd pretty much say you need to just graduate. If you get lower than a C in a course, then I don't see how it will count towards a graduation requirement. That's what PASS/FAIL is for.

Call the school and ask them. They are really the only ones that can officially say yes or no.