Is anybody....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tristy

BairesYarnCreation @ etsy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
experiencing higher than usual stress with the winter break getting so close? And when I mean higher I mean like through the roof? :(

Members don't see this ad.

experiencing higher than usual stress with the winter break getting so close? And when I mean higher I mean like through the roof? :(

Could it be "SAD" disease?

I'm sure there are plenty of people in your shoes. However, they are not logged in right now, they are "With Dante, sipping pina colada" :D .

Members don't see this ad :)
The stress I am experiencing has nothing to do with winter or the holiday season and has everything to do with the gross/physio exam + practical I have coming up... and then the immuno/biochem/genetics/psych/histo exams I have next week :scared:

I'm sure there are plenty of people in your shoes. However, they are not logged in right now, they are "With Dante, sipping pina colada" :D .

Ha ha, very funny :p Maybe I should change that to "in hell"

I know I'm not the only one, but it has surprised me how the stress/anxiety skyrocketed in just a matter of days...4 more to go...

Ha ha, very funny :p Maybe I should change that to "in hell"

I know I'm not the only one, but it has surprised me how the stress/anxiety skyrocketed in just a matter of days...4 more to go...

You'll be so relaxed when this block is over with ... a well deserved break!

The stress I am experiencing has nothing to do with winter or the holiday season and has everything to do with the gross/physio exam + practical I have coming up... and then the immuno/biochem/genetics/psych/histo exams I have next week :scared:

Oh man, I feel for you :( It's ridiculous the information overload, pi$$e$ me off...Best of luck though!

You'll be so relaxed when this block is over with ... a well deserved break!

I really can't wait :oops:

I've just gone through something that never hapenned before (and I really don't want to post it in a public forum, ya know), and I worry about my sanity....

don't be a bunch of bah humbugs . . . but lots of exams can wreak havoc, i understand. so, once your exams are over, put on some horribly cheesy holliday music (i enjoy elvis' white xmas, personally), put whole cinnamon sticks in a pot of boiling water, pour a glass of wine, scotch, hot cider, etc and just soak it up.

i GURANTEE this will eliminate your stresses . . .

happy hollidays

don't be a bunch of bah humbugs . . . but lots of exams can wreak havoc, i understand. so, once your exams are over, put on some horribly cheesy holliday music (i enjoy elvis' white xmas, personally), put whole cinnamon sticks in a pot of boiling water, pour a glass of wine, scotch, hot cider, etc and just soak it up.

i GURANTEE this will eliminate your stresses . . .

happy hollidays

That does sound nice :) But I won't take it easy on the alcohol, hehe, I plan on getting really drunk after my exam this friday!

Happy Holidays to you too!

yes, of course, the ambiance just justifies the first drink, then the subsequent drinks justify the ambiance . . . its a beautiful cycle

i learned the cinnamon trick from an eccentric roommate. leave the sticks boiling in the water for an hour or even more, and it makes your home soo warm - and i don't even like cinnamon.

good luck on your exams

cheers

-p

YES
the holidays aren't even fun and they aren't a break, I want silence and exist in a vacuum for a minute but it is one family obligation after the next, lots of travel, spending money on gifts I don't have-I guarantee one night of binge drinking where I get pissed and just say F-it I am getting tore up from the floor up-of course every distant relative will then take that as an excuse to lecture me on my drinking-so its lose-lose either way-I hate the holidays, absolutely despise them with all of my being-the fake cheer the gift giving I like sunday dinners in march with my mom and wife and everyone else can jump off a bridge for all I care

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, of course, the ambiance just justifies the first drink, then the subsequent drinks justify the ambiance . . . its a beautiful cycle

i learned the cinnamon trick from an eccentric roommate. leave the sticks boiling in the water for an hour or even more, and it makes your home soo warm - and i don't even like cinnamon.

good luck on your exams

cheers

-p
forget all that noise go right for a boilermaker

I've noticed that I have become increasingly distressed by ambiguous thread titles. You know that we can just rollover the mouse, and the first few lines are displayed, right?

I've noticed that I have become increasingly distressed by ambiguous thread titles. You know that we can just rollover the mouse, and the first few lines are displayed, right?

:confused: what's your problem?

:confused: what's your problem?

Pretty confusing alright. The best I can tell .... I don't think Bertelman liked your thread title "Is anybody ..." I think he wanted something descriptive like "Medical School Stress"

Pretty confusing alright. The best I can tell .... I don't think Bertelman liked your thread title "Is anybody ..." I think he wanted something descriptive like "Medical School Stress"

Well....if he doesn't like it, then he can <bleep> :smuggrin:

I mean c'mon, of course I know that you can read the first few lines by doing that with the mouse. In any case I am saving you a click :idea:

Well....if he doesn't like it, then he can <bleep> :smuggrin:

I mean c'mon, of course I know that you can read the first few lines by doing that with the mouse. In any case I am saving you a click :idea:

It's finals time; people aren't getting enough sleep ... they say things that they probably wouldn't say at any other time; it's an interesting time of year. I wouldn't worry about it ....

Actually, I'm cruising through 4th year. Plenty 'o sleep.

I didn't expect such a reaction from an inocuous post. I'd say "settle down", but this is a thread for over-stressed types. Clearly it would be falling on deaf ears. It's OK for someone to make a comment about your actions (i.e. your title) without passing judgment on YOU. You're still a good person- I'll be your cheerleader.

Since this is an open board, how 'bout this. If I don't like it, instead of f-ing off, I can post my opinions, and hope someone with a sense of humor appreciates them. And no, you didn't save me a click. The designers of this system saved me a click. Probably in response to titles like "Is anybody..."

I'm glad I went to a school with no exams :D :thumbup:, continue with your venting....

Can we GET anyless descriptive thread titles. S*** this is a annoying. Is anybody like, um, like, um in a sorority????? Like whatever, um, like.

Can we GET anyless descriptive thread titles. S*** this is a annoying. Is anybody like, um, like, um in a sorority????? Like whatever, um, like.

You're right. That is sooooo annoying. You know, almost as annoying as having to read three different posts by slapnuts whining about the same crap over and over again.

Disclosure: I have my cumulative micro final tomorrow morning.

I didn't expect such a reaction from an inocuous post. I'd say "settle down", but this is a thread for over-stressed types. Clearly it would be falling on deaf ears. It's OK for someone to make a comment about your actions (i.e. your title) without passing judgment on YOU. You're still a good person- I'll be your cheerleader.

Since this is an open board, how 'bout this. If I don't like it, instead of f-ing off, I can post my opinions, and hope someone with a sense of humor appreciates them. And no, you didn't save me a click. The designers of this system saved me a click. Probably in response to titles like "Is anybody..."

Hahha.. I'm appreciating the irony and humor :laugh: And ps to the OP, when I get stressed, I try to think of the "big picture" (how is this event going to impact my life in the long run), and not let myself get caught up in the moment. :)

Add me to the list of people who are stressed. I am 2/3 through with finals week, and it is wearing on me and my patience. One more full day of studying before I take my last gross anatomy written/practical exam!!

Add me to the list of people who are stressed. I am 2/3 through with finals week, and it is wearing on me and my patience. One more full day of studying before I take my last gross anatomy written/practical exam!!

Hang in there UTpremed! Celebration time is almost here :D !

I'm not stressed no mo. Killed histo today, all I got left is some human behavior bulls*** that I could pass with my cerebrum tied behind my back. So today after my histo was over, to prepare for friday, I drank two 40oz and, well thats actully all I did. Yes.

I'm not stressed no mo. Killed histo today, all I got left is some human behavior bulls*** that I could pass with my cerebrum tied behind my back. So today after my histo was over, to prepare for friday, I drank two 40oz and, well thats actully all I did. Yes.

Oooh ooh ooh! I finish up my last final tomorrow afternoon and drinking two 40s sounds like a fantastic way to start my celebration! Just gotta make sure to pour some out for my homies.

40oz:love:

as a fourth year shouldnt you be shedding some wisdom on the over-stressed MSI's rather than coming on here to complain about their forum etiquette (sp)? I mean, who really cares what the title of the thread is? It obviously was a tease for you and you clicked it and now you ended up wasting a lot of time writing your responses about how a new title would have saved you a click. Wtf?

as a fourth year shouldnt you be shedding some wisdom on the over-stressed MSI's rather than coming on here to complain about their forum etiquette (sp)? I mean, who really cares what the title of the thread is? It obviously was a tease for you and you clicked it and now you ended up wasting a lot of time writing your responses about how a new title would have saved you a click. Wtf?

My wisdom was humor. And to lighten the F up. That's how you survive these exams. I've never heard one physician in any specialty say the key to success is stress. The key to success is handling stress-inducing situations with confidence and an outwardly calm demeanor. Hippocrates used the term equanimity.

No, I didn't fall for the tease. I posted precisely to inform that no one should fall for the tease (with a rollover), thus ambiguous titles are silly. Believe me, my time is well-invested if I can contribute to better titling of SDN threads. Or laughter. I'll take either.

..and good job spelling etiquette.

lkj;afsdjfa;ldshj;oaiehnoi;afklajfdsalks;dfjsldjfa;oihr

!!!

O_O

. . .

that is all.

My wisdom was humor. And to lighten the F up. That's how you survive these exams. I've never heard one physician in any specialty say the key to success is stress. The key to success is handling stress-inducing situations with confidence and an outwardly calm demeanor. Hippocrates used the term equanimity.

No, I didn't fall for the tease. I posted precisely to inform that no one should fall for the tease (with a rollover), thus ambiguous titles are silly. Believe me, my time is well-invested if I can contribute to better titling of SDN threads. Or laughter. I'll take either.

..and good job spelling etiquette.

hey you make a few good points, its important to handle stress in a healthy way and project the aura of stability and calm. But you really didn't say anything about that in your other post so I replied to what I saw... which was an attempt to flame someone for an honest mistake (ambiguous thread title, the OP should be burned at the stake!!) I will try to lighten up, but seriously you were the one getting all up tight about the title of this thread.
i just don't get some people.

hey you make a few good points, its important to handle stress in a healthy way and project the aura of stability and calm. But you really didn't say anything about that in your other post so I replied to what I saw... which was an attempt to flame someone for an honest mistake (ambiguous thread title, the OP should be burned at the stake!!) I will try to lighten up, but seriously you were the one getting all up tight about the title of this thread.
i just don't get some people.

I certainly don't think my original post was a flame. It was a joke. Sarcasm. Implied humor. I was the LAST person on this thread to show any uptightness.

Here's my m.o.- find a post I think could be a little more interesting, then mimic the OP, but in a funny/sarcastic way. I check these forums a few times a day because this technique requires an early entry into the discourse. I don't engage in flaming.

If my posts appear aggressive, it is because someone says ridiculous sh**. I point out what is ridiculous. Overall, I try to entertain and/or educate whenever I can. If I am able to do both, I feel pretty good.