SweetRain

5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Sorry if this is not the right forum, but I'm really interested in UTMB. I heard you can do 3rd and 4th year in Austin and location matters a lot to me. Can somebody tell me about this in more detail?

(+)I'm working on my personal statement and no matter what I do, I can't get it down to 5300 characters. I am still well above 6000 characters and everything in there seems important in explaining my path. Anybody want to share their experience?

Thanks all!

May 7, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I'm headed out there next year, the Austin thing was definitely part of why I picked UTMB. Here's what I found on the website:

http://meded.utmb.edu/orme/AustinInformation.htm

As for the PS, you have to find an editor who will just cutout everything that isn't essential. One of my letter writers offered to help me, she was awesome. I can take a look at yours if you want, shoot me a PM.

Other options are your undergrad writing center, professors, etc. Basically, you are too close to the project to tell if things are really important. I had a lot of sentences I loved that my professor made me cut, and looking back she was right.

SweetRain

5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm headed out there next year, the Austin thing was definitely part of why I picked UTMB. Here's what I found on the website:

http://meded.utmb.edu/orme/AustinInformation.htm

As for the PS, you have to find an editor who will just cutout everything that isn't essential. One of my letter writers offered to help me, she was awesome. I can take a look at yours if you want, shoot me a PM.

Other options are your undergrad writing center, professors, etc. Basically, you are too close to the project to tell if things are really important. I had a lot of sentences I loved that my professor made me cut, and looking back she was right.
Thanks for the offer. I will definitely email/PM you once I have it revised and trimmed. And congrats on your acceptance :)
Hook 'em Horns!