Is anyone else frustrated with Drexel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7FAT12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
**Warning: The following is a rant**

I have not received any correspondence from Drexel this application cycle at all. I did not receive a completion notice or even an invitation to complete a secondary application despite the fact that my AMCAS application was submitted on 7/15 and processed on 7/26. After not receiving an invitation to complete a secondary and learning from their website that every applicant is supposed to receive one, I obtained a copy from a friend and submitted it on 9/20. After not receiving any correspondence for a few more weeks, I sent an email to '[email protected]' on 10/6 and to '[email protected]' on 10/10. Finally, I called the admissions office on 10/17 and learned that my file is complete and that I should be receiving a completion notice within a few days. Well, it has been another three weeks and I have still not received anything. I realize that they are very busy (they received 7,934 applications last admissions cycle) and that they interview half the world (1,729 last year), but still no correspondence after four months is ridiculous!! :mad:

Has anyone else been lost in the shuffle at Drexel?

Members don't see this ad.

Count me in. I got the secondary, got the complete postcard, but nothing since. Not one thing. I send an email to medstat, but nothing. *sigh*. I'm being ignored by four schools.

dont worry, drexel has one of the most disorganized offices.....

they dont have an adcom that sits and meets up. they mail their apps out to their committee members who read your files and stuff. so if your committee member is slow, you wont hear jack for months.

i haven't heard anything since completing back in july.

Members don't see this ad :)
7FAT12 said:
**Warning: The following is a rant**

I have not received any correspondence from Drexel this application cycle at all. I did not receive a completion notice or even an invitation to complete a secondary application despite the fact that my AMCAS application was submitted on 7/15 and processed on 7/26. After not receiving an invitation to complete a secondary and learning from their website that every applicant is supposed to receive one, I obtained a copy from a friend and submitted it on 9/20. After not receiving any correspondence for a few more weeks, I sent an email to '[email protected]' on 10/6 and to '[email protected]' on 10/10. Finally, I called the admissions office on 10/17 and learned that my file is complete and that I should be receiving a completion notice within a few days. Well, it has been another three weeks and I have still not received anything. I realize that they are very busy (they received 7,934 applications last admissions cycle) and that they interview half the world (1,729 last year), but still no correspondence after four months is ridiculous!! :mad:

Has anyone else been lost in the shuffle at Drexel?

I'd give them a month to 1.5 months from completion to interview (if applicable). I checked out the official interview thread and it seems that majority of the invites were given within just over a month period. So, I know it's redundant and I know you feel like ripping out your own hair and scream but just be patient.

Well, then Rayhan, what should I do? I was complete 9/1. It's been over two months now. Still no word. Not one. Of course, this rant also applies to UVM, Temple, and CU as well.

I'm feeling VERY ignored over here.

ShyRem said:
Well, then Rayhan, what should I do? I was complete 9/1. It's been over two months now. Still no word. Not one. Of course, this rant also applies to UVM, Temple, and CU as well.

I'm feeling VERY ignored over here.

I don't really know Shy. I am in the same boat as you with a lot of other schools. Have you called Drexel? From my experience they seem to be pretty nice. Don't bother e-mailing them 'cause I sent an e-mail 2 weeks back and nothing. And if they try to give you the "send an e-mail for status" crap, tell them you already did so and noone replied which seems very close to the truth. Let us know how it turns out.

theunderdog said:
dont worry, drexel has one of the most disorganized offices.....

they dont have an adcom that sits and meets up. they mail their apps out to their committee members who read your files and stuff. so if your committee member is slow, you wont hear jack for months.

i haven't heard anything since completing back in july.

um, actually I don't think this is true. Their admissions committee meets every Thursday. But they do assign your file to a committee member, so timing could partly depend on him or her. This is also true of your interviewer; if their evaluation doesn't get in, reviewing the application can take longer. But these things are both post-interview, and they are common to most schools, if not all.

Personally I've felt that Drexel was in the middle as far as organization. I've seen both better and worse. In my own experience Jefferson wins for most organized. Penn State is pretty low down on the list. Granted, I haven't interacted with many schools!

edit: For the most part Drexel doesn't reply to emails, though. That's definitely true.

I haven't heard a peep from Temple, and actually I think that's rather odd. Not that I deserve anything, but I would think I would have gotten an interview there by now. I can't even get any info from them on the phone because they refuse to talk about anything.

I have no problem waiting once it has been confirmed that my application is complete. That is something that I expect to do as a marginally competitive applicant. My gripe with Drexel is that they have yet to acknowledge my existence aside from the time that I called them. It would be nice to receive some sort of correspondence from them so that I know that a) my application really is complete and b) that they are capable of contacting me should they offer me an interview, acceptance, rejection, etc.

ShyRem - Once you receive a completion notice, there is no guarantee that they will get back to you within a certain time frame. They could sit on your application until May if they want.

7FAT12 said:
I have no problem waiting once it has been confirmed that my application is complete. That is something that I expect to do as a marginally competitive applicant. My gripe with Drexel is that they have yet to acknowledge my existence aside from the time that I called them. It would be nice to receive some sort of correspondence from them so that I know that a) my application really is complete and b) that they are capable of contacting me should they offer me an interview, acceptance, rejection, etc.

ShyRem - Once you receive a completion notice, there is no guarantee that they will get back to you within a certain time frame. They could sit on your application until May if they want.

So call them and ask if you're complete. They'll tell you right on the phone.