is anyone else having trouble finishing that endless pile of secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brynn7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was all sorts of motivated at first...doing one every 2 days or so...now i think hmmmmm...i should write a secondary...but whatever, my committee LOR isnt even done yet and there's this movie on lifetime. :rolleyes: someone come over here and kick my ass please? :sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

just for watching lifetime, i'd be glad to come over there and kick your ass. :p

hells ya!!! I totally feel you.!!! and don't hate on LIFETIME. you know you love those crazy ass flicks!

Members don't see this ad :)
There's nothing wrong with a good chick flick every now and then! :)

I wish that was my problem. I'm having problems getting my PS done..and yea then send in my AMCAS. It's ready, transcript is sent, and LOR are out...but i can't move forward until my PS is submitted. yes, I know i have a serious problem so don't remind me. :scared:

unfortunately (or furtunately :D ) I have THREE lifetime channels: "lifetime", "lifetime movie network", and "lifetime real women". yesterday i watched a movie about a father that leaves his family to be with a man. he was a doctor and the board of directors wanted him to leave the practice because he was gay. but seriously those movies are amazing. ;) i wish their was lifetime on demand. :( is there?

brynn7 said:
unfortunately (or furtunately :D ) I have THREE lifetime channels: "lifetime", "lifetime movie network", and "lifetime real women". yesterday i watched a movie about a father that leaves his family to be with a man. he was a doctor and the board of directors wanted him to leave the practice because he was gay. but seriously those movies are amazing. ;) i wish their was lifetime on demand. :( is there?
Hey, I've seen a lifetime movie on occasion. They tend to be weepy and melodramatic, but strangely gripping. So I can understand being hooked :laugh:

But about secondaries - I've been keeping track of my turnaround time, and I spend about two weeks on average on each one. Pathetic, right?

Lifetime makes all guys out to be the bad guys. :thumbdown:

Lifetime rocks, I always watch Strong Medicine :) ...it's based on a woman's free clinic in philly...I used to work in a free health clinic in philly...I'm addicted to the show

LUBDUBB said:
Lifetime rocks, I always watch Strong Medicine :) ...it's based on a woman's free clinic in philly...I used to work in a free health clinic in philly...I'm addicted to the show
every day at 5pm biatch!!!! :thumbup: :love: :thumbup:

as bill o'reilly would say, lifetime "is just a bunch of baloney and y'all know it!"

Good job, team. Way to stay on topic!

Members don't see this ad :)
The best thing to do with secondaries is to prioritize them. Rank which schools are your best shot and which you would like to go to. Then finish them accordingly.

Psycho Doctor said:
Lifetime makes all guys out to be the bad guys. :thumbdown:

Yeah, and judging from real life, they're only right about that 90% of the time.

Just kidding... ;)

W222 said:
The best thing to do with secondaries is to prioritize them. Rank which schools are your best shot and which you would like to go to. Then finish them accordingly.

I kind of feel the opposite way. It seems that the more secondaries you do, the better you get at coming up with ideas.... I'm doing all my important ones last.

kikkoman said:
I kind of feel the opposite way. It seems that the more secondaries you do, the better you get at coming up with ideas.... I'm doing all my important ones last.

I am too....working on the one for my favorite school. *crosses fingers* I'm spending lots of time on it, to make sure it's perfect.

Two more secondaries to go, and I'm DONE. I can't wait, I'm so tired of these damn things...

we lost sight of the lifetime topic!! Let's hear a Whoo whoo for Golden Girls and Designing Women!
:laugh:

You know what really sucks? A couple years ago my favorite channel was the sports illustrated channel - it was like sportscenter 24/7! Then one day at the bottom of the screen it said that my favorite channel was changing in a few days.. to the LIFETIME MOVIE NETWORK!!! :scared: It was tragic.

brynn7 said:
i was all sorts of motivated at first...doing one every 2 days or so...now i think hmmmmm...i should write a secondary...but whatever, my committee LOR isnt even done yet and there's this movie on lifetime. :rolleyes: someone come over here and kick my ass please? :sleep:

I'm getting to the end of my 30-odd secondaries, leaving the toughest ones for last. The going is slow, but it certainly isn't because there is a movie on Lifetime - it's because I have to talk about my FEELINGS.

Yargh.

fakin' the funk said:
I'm getting to the end of my 30-odd secondaries, leaving the toughest ones for last. The going is slow, but it certainly isn't because there is a movie on Lifetime - it's because I have to talk about my FEELINGS.

Yargh.
ha..if you watched more lifetime movies you may have an easier time talking about your feelings. :idea: :thumbup:

I believe the only more estrogen fueled tv program than the ones showed on lifetime is oprah. and has dr. phil put up a disclaimer yet that his show is only for entertainment purposes??

I'm the same way! I've been putting off jefferson for at least a week! I keep telling myself a day or 2 won't make a difference!