is anyone else out there just exhausted from studying for this mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holla

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it me or is everyone else feelin pretty much what im feelin..exhausted..its been 3 months of endless studying and i feel that now my brain is fried and that it's filled to capacity with mcat knowledge..and im tryin to do practice tests but i dont even have the patience to sit and take a 100min science section...are there other people out there feelin the same way..i mean i've even taken breaks to get refocused and nothing seems to help me regain my motivation or energy to keep goin until saturday..anyone got ideas..holla back

Members don't see this ad.

I feel the same way. I'm not gonna "push it", in fact I think i'm not gonna even study thurs or fri. Maybe just do a writing sample or two. I wanna be pumped up on saturday, not this drained and bored feeling that i have now. I'm so bored with this stuff that i can barely concentrate on the stupid aamc practice questions. I think a break will do me good.

If taking a break doesn't work, then I would recommend calling over some friends and rolling a big fatty. :p

ugghh...same here. i'm too exhausted to take anymore practice exams this week, hence i'm stretching number VI over two days. i've actually been trying to relax and ignore the mcat books strewn around my room, but then i feel guilty, specially knowing some of my friends r majorly cramming right now ( god knows what they're doing till two in the morning studying, i for one have decided to go to sleep early every night)

so right now the day i'm looking most forward to is friday...i'll give myself a nice break....
but i'm looking most forward to is saturday evening, when we'll all be free...and hopefully happy (fingers crossed)

Members don't see this ad :)
I know how you all feel. The one thing im happy about is that I spread out my studying and practice exams. While i have some friends who are doing like 3 practice exams this week alone. I feel for them cuz I am truly worn out. I still go to the library each day and do some verbal, go over old tests and practice questions and review notes too. But I get so tired that I dont stay more than 4 hours while others are doing study marathons. I cant imagine that right now. I feel right now like i did when i had an orgo 1, phys 1, and genetics final all in one day. That was the worst. But anyways, we all gotta take friday off and stay refreshed. Good luck.

Originally posted by MyEyesMesmerize
I know how you all feel. The one thing im happy about is that I spread out my studying and practice exams. While i have some friends who are doing like 3 practice exams this week alone. I feel for them cuz I am truly worn out. I still go to the library each day and do some verbal, go over old tests and practice questions and review notes too. But I get so tired that I dont stay more than 4 hours while others are doing study marathons. I cant imagine that right now. I feel right now like i did when i had an orgo 1, phys 1, and genetics final all in one day. That was the worst. But anyways, we all gotta take friday off and stay refreshed. Good luck.

ouch...orgo, physics and genetics all in one day...wow that must have sucked. u shouldn't find the mcat very tiring then:rolleyes:

Combination of this week and last week I will have completed 8 full-length exams, not counting the one we're taking saturday. Making the switch from kaplan exams to aamc exams is actually a break in itself, the 5 hours taking the test doesn't seem so bad anymore. Basically I'm on automatic pilot now...

Absolutely sick of studying! Its been my whole life for long enough that I'm going to be terribly confused on sunday! I think they might miss my patronage at the coffee shop I study at. 3 weeks * 3 drinks per study session = a lot of business.

Funny too, how doing well on one AAMC test makes it so easy to quit studying!

Oh well, at least I'll be joining Toejam in the beer drinking in a mere 72 hours.

i'm also incredibly sick of studying, but at the same time, i'm really excited about sunday--i can't wait until this is all over! i'm just going to sleep in...watch some baseball on tv..maybe shop for a bit...and have a giant smile on my face all freakin day :D

Originally posted by limit
Combination of this week and last week I will have completed 8 full-length exams, not counting the one we're taking saturday. Making the switch from kaplan exams to aamc exams is actually a break in itself, the 5 hours taking the test doesn't seem so bad anymore. Basically I'm on automatic pilot now...

I just took my first full-length AAMC exam yesterday after taking seven different Kaplan exams. Let's just saythis: Kaplan exams are way tougher. I raised my score six points from the scores I was getting on Kaplan exams. Anyone else notice this?

Remember guys: only two days to go, and then you're free!!! Give it your best shot now. If there is something small you need to go over to refresh your memory, do it. Because after saturday, there's no going back. well, then there's always april but you know what I mean.

I know you all will kick ass. I have faith in all of you.

Originally posted by DrBravesgirl
i'm also incredibly sick of studying, but at the same time, i'm really excited about sunday--i can't wait until this is all over! i'm just going to sleep in...watch some baseball on tv..maybe shop for a bit...and have a giant smile on my face all freakin day :D

this is exactly how i feel. i'd almost say i'm even excited for the test, because i know it'll all be over afterward. woo hoo! then we can all sit back, relax, have a few drinks, ... and then some of us can get started on those secondaries :p

oh no doubt...saturday night its on for sheezy...we all gonna do some serious MCAT/AAMC azz whoopin'..i know everyone's gonna be deliverin on test day, go in wit confidence, kick out all the knowlegde you know and do some serious damage..for real. gluck and do yo thing..

one

Mitochondria, Newton, Periodic Table, molecules, bones, pulley systems....they are all combining in to a big black puddle!!!

The MCAT is tomorrow...the MCAT? Oh no I need to study...wait I have been studying...haven't I ?...I DON'T REMEMBER!!! I'm going crazy..Crazy?, I was crazy once, they put me in a rubber room, there were worms in the room, worms make me crazy! Worms are eurkayotes...eurkaryotes have mitochondria...Newton, Periodic Table, molecules, bones, pulley systems....they are all combining in to a big black puddle!!! I think I said that already!?! I just can't think anymore!!!

Holla, I'm feelin' you right about now! I cannot wait unitl Saturday evening when everything is over. I hope everyone does well. Hard work pays off.