is anyone else surprised?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anystream

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i can't believe i am getting interview invitations! i never thought i would make it this far, i always felt like a mediocre applicant, especially after looking through SDN : )

anyway, bringing myself back to the real world, i am wondering what one's chances of admission are after getting an interview. some schools interview 1000 for a matriculating class of 100...but how many are accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Post-interview acceptance rates vary quite widely. Some schools accept as few as 1/5 of the students they interview, while others accept over 1/2. The best source of information for this question is the US News Rankings, which lists the number of students interviewed, accepted, and matriculated at medical schools across the country.

CONGRATS on coming so far! Dont worry too much about the stats for how many ppl get interviewed/accepted. Just shine through the interview and do your best. i have noticed way too many peolpe obssess over stats and percentages on this forum. Just do your best and leave the rest to God.
All the best mate! :)