Is anyone studying abroad in Europe?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
TCIrish03 said:
If so, this is a must-read:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/34198

This will probably get moved and get myself banned, but hillarious nonetheless.

Unfortunately, when people mean European, they mean "except German". Can you imagine American women being seduced by some guy saying, "Would you liKe to Komm with me and Trink some Kaffee?"

Thank god I didn't learn French in high school. I would've died laughing at the men who think they can pick up a date and the women who think they might be able to understand men they actually want to date. German class, on the other hand, was filled with nerds who didn't give a Sch***se.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another thing I am gonna look forward to..lol

ha ha ha ha

I've been living in Europe for 2 years and its true: American women, at least the ones here on vacation, have a rep for being the easiest lay in the WORLD.

I always tell my European friends its bc they are ON VACATION and NOT bc they are American, but no one believes me.

And the European men are insane, I have dated or been approached by men in many different countries here and in my adopted home of Austria from all over Europe and they are, without exception, INSANE.

But on average they dress better and are more interested in women and relationships than Amis, at least the ones I've met....the career-driven American men view women as a bunch of bitchy creatures trying to tie them down and hold them back, but European men are much more relationship and family oriented, at least from my experience. The downside to that is that a lot of them are in relationships and have been for 8+ years, or....they just got out of one and are all heartbroken. But in general...

And the person who was making fun of German accents in English: learn another language and you will be the one with the accent! Plus, then they can hit on you in their native tounge, much sexier.

I'm going back in 4 days to start med school and I think its going to be really hard bc we have sooo much vacation time over here...

annamoo said:
But on average they dress better and are more interested in women and relationships than Amis, at least the ones I've met....

European men are better dressed b/c they live at home with their parents until they are thirty and spend half their income on clothes and shoes.

I'd rather have my own place and be forced to buy Calvin Klein than live at home and be able to afford Dolce & Gabbana.

lol...that's so awesome. i loved the "anonymous pasta with spinach and day-old shrimp" parallel...hehehe.

hilarious!

I think it is funny because I have had numerous european girls...especially german say they prefer american guys.lol We are a lot more fun I guess, actually go out and dance and what not and don't come on as creepily (most of the time). Also, American guys generally like a little bit more junk in the trunk than european guys. European girls are especially easy. :p And the german guys are often the biggest players I know when they hang out with americans.lol German girls have one of the cutest accents around I think...but I am a bit biased being a german major. Italian, French and Spanish accents are too hard for me to understand. The polish accent for girls is not too shabby...plus if you go to krakow there might be 5 ugly girls in the entire city.

I wonder if this works in reverse for men traveling to Europe?

MossPoh said:
I think it is funny because I have had numerous european girls...especially german say they prefer american guys.lol
Which side of the fence is the grass greener? Americans tend to find Europeans more attractive because they're less familiar. This is why Europeans so often find Americans more attractive.

How many times have all the European men worked that angle. You know the angle: "Oh you're from America, well let me show you the wonders of my beautiful country." That chick sounds like she got caught up in the romanticized version of Europe. And as for the opposite working for guys? Haven't you people seen Euro Trip? There will always be the suave European guy who wants to take the cute American chick on a tour. And there will always be American guys who are on a sex adventure. That's the way the world works.